Tree climbing book and video

• Thread starter Ace76
  • Start date
  • Replies 19
  • Views 3K
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I paid $20 just for the book. It seems fair to me.

I've bought 3-4 copies of the TCC over the years and given them to young guys who want to learn more about trees and tree climbing. Seems like the guys who need this stuff the most are the guys picking up sticks for $10 per hour and they don't have the money to buy this stuff. But if I'm lucky I can give a guy a $15 book and hopefully it helps him improve his marketability/ income.

It's a good reference imo. I've gotten alot of mileage out of it. It ain't no fundamentals(Jerry's book), but still decent.

Just wondering, why you'd get rid of the treeclimbers companion?

I've read it a couple times already. I figure I would pass it along. Besides, I am more interested in SRT. I have the book " On Rope" wich is the SRT Bible.

Why not just give them away to some new guy that could use the info on the condition he gives them to another new guy once he's finished with them?

...good carma & all that. Just a thought.

HC

A few dealers I bought my gear from years back tossed in free copys of "tree climbers companion" with the orders. I kept one and gave the other three away to others that could use them.

Thats the book that they say is the climbers bible. Some churches give bibles away for others to learn. So...

Again, just a thought is all.

HC

Well I won't beat you up about it any more but I'll put my money where my mouth is. I'll give you $25 to mail them to me if you don't get a better offer on your auction. I know 1 or 2 guys that might get some good out of them.
:)

Bailey's lists the TCC at $14 (I don't know where you paid $20 but it was too much) and I figure the DVD is worth $10.

Well I won't beat you up about it any more but I'll put my money where my mouth is. I'll give you $25 to mail them to me if you don't get a better offer on your auction. I know 1 or 2 guys that might get some good out of them.
:)

----------------

Your a good man Brian!!!

...and I don't care what all the other guys have been saying about you behind your back! :P

HC

Ok you win. The guilt trip worked. I am going to just give them away. Now that I have been thinking about it, I think I know someone who just might love to have it.

it could just happen that the person you give it to might be working the ground with one day. This could theoretically be an investment in your own future, too!

Either way, I think you'll be happy with your decision later.

I'm keeping my copy, though!

love
nick

Love giving the guys more stuff to further their future.. I even tell my guys that working for me will take you no where... You need to learn it and start your own... I will even buy saws for them to get them started (on loan of course.. hey I can't afford to start them out with everything) but I will often give them info to help them better them selves for the future if not for just working for me....
Good on ya .....

Back