Tired of waiting for an APTA

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You know whats crazy, I just looked at my avatar and it occured to me that I climbed that big poplar in my avatar without setting a line, I just hooked all the way to the top without being tied in till I reached my TIP:|: How did I live through that dumb Sh##??

15 years ago

I guess I can share now; I have this:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354930339.617963.jpg

Mainly for carrying a video camera(s). 31" or so from tip to tip.

How cool. 31"? Bout the same as mine. I've aiming for high res digital photos with mine.

But the possibility to set ropes in trees with these devices is clear.

I visited some RC sites and watch vids of these copters going though mazes. Such amazing control.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I guess I can share now; I have this.

So sweet of you to share:/:

Gerry, so are they hard to figure out???

Seriously can you imagine how slick it would be to fly that thing up a redwood and drop a fishing weight over your TIP and then Wraptor up????

I disagree regarding the ease of setting a throw line in a tree. Depth perception won't work very well, wind will mess with you, and you'll hit a limb and bring it to the ground with gusto.

General flying them isn't bad, until you actually have to fly it while doing something else.

I been holding off too. For much the same reason. But I have yet to get good enough with the machine to show the fruit of what I can make possible with it.

Good things to come.

I asked Carl if he could send me up a bottle of water with it.......might even start taking lunch up top. Carl's Catering.....:lol:

You know whats crazy, I just looked at my avatar and it occured to me that I climbed that big poplar in my avatar without setting a line, I just hooked all the way to the top without being tied in till I reached my TIP:|: How did I live through that dumb Sh##??

15 years ago

sheer determination................

Looks sweet. much easier on the wallet. Seems that with the lightest of fishing lines, a person could get it up over the desired limb, and maybe cut the power if a clean downward part is desired, using the weight of the flying ball to help with the drag... or mount a hook on the top of a second flying ball to connect to the bottom of the first, in order to pull the first down.

Back