Thoughts on this Woodchuck c1200, $12500

SouthSoundTree

Treehouser
http://portland.craigslist.org/clc/bfd/4323840434.html

2005 Woodchuck C1200 Chipper - $12500 (Boring, OR)

image 1image 2image 3image 4image 5image 6image 7

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap
30357 SE hwy 212
(google map) (yahoo map)

more ads by this user

Description: Nice Chipper

Here is list of some of the features:
Perkins Diesel
1,042 Hours
Pintle Hitch
12" Feed

Stock# 2856
Keywords: woodchuck, chipper, wood, trailer, diesel
CHAMBERS MOTOR CO.

503-663-7200

www.chambersmotorco.com

Email Us At: sales [at] chambersmotorco.com
Open Monday thru Saturday

8 AM to 6 PM
Financing Available!!

do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers

I've never used one before but I have heard a lot about them.... Usually not good tho. I just heard that they are not durable. Having said that, the one you found seems priced right. Is that original paint? If it's not beaten it could be a good find.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Maybe I was thinking of the Woodsman reputation.

I've been trying to figure out what is the best next piece of equipment/ upgrade of equipment. I do have a hireable grapple truck available, so if my dump truck goes down (yesterday I sprung a leak on the way to the job, so no chipping until I get it back). I was thinking how much a chipper winch does. Next full sized chipper I buy should be built to handle a winch/ have a winch. A winch can do so much, with proper redirect and such.

I know I have heard issues with bearings and hydraulic motors, but that can be said about any chipper. For some reason I think they are hard parts to find or unusually expensive.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Not sure which model perkins motor that is, but get the model number and do some reading. They have made a few crap motors after Cat bought them in 98.

Avoid that woodchuck at that price. They are made very cheap and chinsy. Im thinking only buy it if you can absolutely steal it for next to nothing. There's older, less shiny, but better built bandits and morbarks for that money.

Back