Think things are expensive? Try Alaska!

• Thread starter Frans
  • Start date
  • Replies 8
  • Views 1K
$1.17 per Kw hour for electricity? thats crazy, I think I pay about 6.5 cents!

Glad I dont live in a remote Alaskan village!

$1.17 per Kw hour for electricity? thats crazy, I think I pay about 6.5 cents!

Glad I dont live in a remote Alaskan village!

I used to, and it wasn't that bad. The state picks up some of the cost to offset the expense for the utility and the consumer. In many cases the "utility" is the village Genset.

Lol, I lived in Sandspit(Queen Charlottes)for a summer and couldn't beleive everything was run on a big ass diesel burning generator. Pretty wild.

if the state has natural resources to offset folks high expenses for living in remote regions thats cool, wouldnt want to see tax dollars go to it though, its their choice to live in the middle of nowhere, why should I pay for that?
I do want to see the northern lights someday, guess I should start saving some seashells up for my plane ride. :)

One big jenny in town running everything, I guess thats easier than a 400 mile extension cord!

It's all BC Hydro on the Charlottes Paul and you can bet that that expense is being shared by us all.

lived on kodiak island for a few years, we had diesel generators for when the hydro elec went down which was often in the winter. gas was high but i dont remember how high, left there 10 years ago

Back