The Truck Thread

We had a ford cab over fire truck and the radiator was really low also. Was real bad for picking up debris, especially on a wheat field fire or a grass fire.

Nick I would think a cabover would be awesome for LA, insane turning radius and you can haul a good amount of load in those things.

jp:D

I had a cab over Iveco way back when, loved that truck. Is the radiator really low to the ground on your Izuzu, Scott? The radiator on the Iveco was, and I found out the hard way that the truck really wasn't meant to go on any uneven terrain.

Yeah, we have to be real careful when offroading!! I've wanted to build a skid plate for it. But I'm afraid it would mess up the airflow and cause overheating. Little truck has been overloaded quite a few times, never seems to mind. My only complaint is the 16"tires. We go thru a set in a year and a half.

I must have my head in the sand. I can't fathom people not wanting to hire someone because they don't pull up in a domestic truck. That just makes no sense to me at all. I believe that there is surely some foreign steel used by American car manufacturers, both in the cars and in the machines that produce the car parts, if you want to be specific about it....maybe even in the belt buckles holding up the trousers of the men operating the machines that make the parts. If there are such individuals that insist that the people working for them drive US made vehicles, I'd be very curious to know where their own televisions are made that they selected? A pretty good percentage of the steel in US made cars is recycled steel. Does that mean that the thousands of companies in the US doing the recycling, specify only used steel originally from US plants? A person honestly only wanting to buy US made, needs to look into these things, rather than allowing ignorance to dictate their persuasions.

I also find it surprising that any self respecting tree worker would be willing to allow themselves to succumb to such discriminatory thinking by a potential customer. I can understand the logic to want to buy goods made in your own country, but not where it reaches a point where someone need be despotic about it, as pertaining to other people's views on the matter. Just my traitorous expatriate opinion, I guess...

I agree with Jay too, but then I have 4 fords so I don't face discrimination.............mostly it's envy! Lol.

3 work trucks, ford and one personal truck also a ford. Nothing to get to excited about but one of them is the infamous ghetto 1 ton!

Yah I'm bad.........I'm nationwide! Lol.

Attachments

• poster98362953.jpg
    poster98362953.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 18
Dis you make money with that 1 ton? If so, rock on. That's my take on it. I'll do tree work with a skateboard if I can.

That truck continues to make me nothing but money. It gets loaded heavy with a dump trailer and that 460 keeps pulling strong and steady. On propane to boot which is very reasonable up here compared to gas/diesel.

I had an 89 superduty stakebody with a 460. That truck was a monster. I regret selling it all the time. We loaded that thing to outrageous weights constantly and it never flinched. Ever.

IMAG0016.jpg

Rust free. 240k miles, fresh engine and rear. Mechanically perfect. I had it painted and put spark plugs in it once. That was it.

I must have my head in the sand. I can't fathom people not wanting to hire someone because they don't pull up in a domestic truck.

Nah- I think you're looking too deep into what I was saying. People make decisions based on warm fuzzies. If they are standing in Whole Foods or the farmers market and asking about an orange and the worker there says it's organic then the customer gets one warm fuzzy. If the worker says that it's Fair Trade that's another warm fuzzy. If the worker says it is locally grown, well that's another warm fuzzy. Some people need one or two warm fuzzies to decide on a purchase. Some need lots of warm fuzzies before they will spring for something.

"Made in the USA" is a warm fuzzy. I don't think it goes much further than that for people.

love
nick

Back