The Truck Thread

Ok, you're wrong. From a heartwarming standpoint you are right. From a basic knowledge of world economics standpoint, you are wrong. Nobody is talking about each and every truck part. It's a matter of "where do the profits go?".

Exactly. So which company has more money staying in the USA, Ford or Isuzu? I'm thinking we'd be disappointed to hear how much Ford money actually stays in the USA, but I would also bet that it is more than what a foreign company leaves behind.

I'm right again. :)

Buy a Chevy cabover. It's an Isuzu with a bowtie on the front grill. :roll:

Just an example:

132976661496491.jpg

You got a lot to learn about business. In the mean time, get a truck that treats you well and suits your needs. Don't let me mislead you into thinking I'm against buying Fords. I will ONLY purchase fords while i roam this great earth. And in heaven, or hell, ill pick up a paper as soon as I get there and start thumbing through looking for a Ford. I think just the fact that you are taking your time in deciding, will put you in the right direction.

No- you're looking too deep into what I'm saying. I'm not arguing which company is more american. All I'm saying is that customers make decisions quickly. If a client of mine says, "yeah and they rarely use gas powered tools, and they are certified arborists, and like all their equipment is made in America!" That gives warm fuzzy feelings. Most people (that I deal with) don't go, "eh- who cares...nothing's REALLY made in america these days. I'm pro NAFTA anyways..."

It's just a matter of me knowing my client base.

Its no big issue for engines for them japanese trucks,They bring out low mile import ewngines for a few thousand.And thats IF it ever needs one.

I would think about attaching the storage box to the frame. Every time you dump that all your gear will bounce around.

We have one like that tool locker attached to the dump bin it makes little or no diffrence to the gear stored.

Buy a Chevy cabover. It's an Isuzu with a bowtie on the front grill. :roll:

Just an example:

132976661496491.jpg

You beat me to it Brian. They make a Ford Trader here that is just like the Toyota.

477175_20.jpeg

Like Dennis said re badge it if you are worried about it, who's going to check. It's your truck, you can call it anything you want.:/:

I'm not big on nationalism loyalty to my country of birth that issues my passport, nor to the flag where I currently reside. I might have some small sense of allegiance when it comes to sports competitions for some reason, but other than that not much. Living in different countries lets me see that people have about the same needs everywhere, similar concerns about shelter and other essentials, putting food on the table for themselves and their families....getting by. The children are born with the same innocence. It takes a big commitment to get your azz out of bed and put out quality work/merchandise day in and day out, some self sacrifice required in order to do that. Knowing that, kind of wipes out the borders of separation, from my own perspective, I think the dedication and belief in the righteousness of doing the best job you can, is deserving to have it's rewards from wherever they might come. If the concern and all around focus of the maker wherever they might be, is to give YOU something that serves well with reliability for your life, why not want them to get their dues in return for theirs? It seems like a fair exchange. I just have a hard time understanding that gap called nationalism, or however it might be referred to, the accomplishment of the universal human spirit takes precedent for me. We are all in this mess together.

Oh yeah there is one thing, I do kind of have an affinity for the local beer. :)

Photo: made in Japan from Walnut and Cherry.

Attachments

• sano1 copy.jpg
    sano1 copy.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 13
I'll 2nd that the gear box attached to the dump does not matter one iota.

I'd stick with an American truck if I were you though Nick. I can already hear your clients thumbing the yellow pages looking for the next arb who's rolling with American iron.

"Are you insured.....What kind of truck do you drive?"

It's a cute truck, they just don't strike me as having power. I dunno...

I wouldn't worry much about the box. My next body will have the boxes attached to it, I'm not sure stuff would bounce around any more than riding down the road.

I guess I stand corrected. I just think that any loose "things" may end up in a different spot than they are intended. My I-pack holds all my climbing gear on the passenger side with rigging below and the driver side holds saws and tools with gas and oil below. The top shelf is random, mostly extra loops of chain and hand tools. If my toolbox was attached, I would be reorganizing on a daily basis rather than monthly.

The isuzus are great trucks. I've had one for 11 years. Great town truck. I pull my 15x with the boxer on the flatbed, no problem. Easy to work on if needed. Pulled the radiator and intercooler in 15 minutes, Try that on a ford!!

I had a cab over Iveco way back when, loved that truck. Is the radiator really low to the ground on your Izuzu, Scott? The radiator on the Iveco was, and I found out the hard way that the truck really wasn't meant to go on any uneven terrain.

Back