The Truck Thread

Nobody thinks you are stupid Brian.. In fact in my case quite the opposite, I consider you an authority on quite a number of things, that and I would like nothing more than to eventually build a business model based on yours.

Brian is very smart and kindly generous on many levels, and the fact that he has the restraint to not blow away the yappy dog is most impressive.

I bleed Ford. I come from a long line of people that bleed Ford. I don't care if Chevy and dodge give away a lifetime warranty and do buy one get one free on trucks. It wouldnt even get my attention if another brand built a fail proof truck that runs on sunlight and smiles. Id still buy a Ford. Until I drop dead. Hopefully in a Ford. I even scored a Ford log splitter recently. Just because it said Ford on it. I'll post pics soon.

I toured a Ford plant once, and also a Coors beer one, but now I get them mixed up in my mind. I do recall that mom wouldn't let dad drive home from whichever one.

I don't compare brands. I just have one that I love. The others could be superior for all I know.

Old fords too. From the 80's and 90's. I go ape over them. APE.

I bleed Ford. I come from a long line of people that bleed Ford. I don't care if Chevy and dodge give away a lifetime warranty and do buy one get one free on trucks. It wouldnt even get my attention if another brand built a fail proof truck that runs on sunlight and smiles. Id still buy a Ford. Until I drop dead. Hopefully in a Ford. I even scored a Ford log splitter recently. Just because it said Ford on it. I'll post pics soon.

I knew I'd ruffle some feathers. I'm the same way about Dodge, but I don't worry too much if someone doesn't like them. At least I tried the Ford.

Davey sounds like a heck of a company. You should go back to your job-changing thread and update us on how it is going overall now that you've been there a few months

I think they are all just "OK". If only Toyota made a real truck.

I do like the Fords though, I can't get on with IFS in a work truck. Won't have a Dodge, but am adding a GMC "big" truck to the fleet. Disappointed about the name on the grill but it's cherry all around. ;) Previous life matters a lot with these things.

Any of the Ford people on here know why the electrical system would go dead on an '02 F350 after the front left tire exploded on me an hour ago? I don't think it's the fuel pump switch, as the entire electrical system is dead. Truck is supposed to still crank but not start if the FPS is triggered.

sent a pm, maybe it'll help, you do mean the drivers side when you say left?

Dave, is your windshield leaking? They are known to leak in the bottom corners and drip onto electrical parts. We have had a bit of rain last week...

Re-sealing typically fixes it.

I found the problem. There is a connector mounted to the top of the inner fender that connects the battery to the ignition. It broke that off. Easy fix. The tire is another story. Don't think I'll be fixing that. That's the third busted tire on the front of this truck so far. Breaks them right in the cords. I don't think the windshield is leaking. Thanks all.

I'll try to get a pic of the tire carnage. Happened right outside a friends place, I coasted into his driveway and he towed me out back with his tractor.

Young fellows I sold my Super Duty (7.3l diesel) to are closing up shop and are going to sell it and a skid loader, trailer, and a couple other things. May be tempted to come a bit farther out of retirement and buy it back...

So I can't figure out how to do it from my iPad but my iPhone works.
Here's some pictures of my truck. It's a Unimog U1200 with 3 way tipping body and 9" PTO Jensen chipper.
don't get this thread. It's about trucks but there are hardly any photos of trucks. If you want to see a real truck thread go to the Arbtalkers Arbtrucks thread on Arbtalk.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1337233784.355613.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1337234084.711867.jpg I

You want pictures? Here's a couple from the last 20 years, newest to oldest.

IMG_1263Copy.jpg

IMG_1262Copy.jpg

IMG_1159.jpg

IMG_2150.jpg

PA040012edit.jpg

PA040011edit.jpg

8e5e4f69.jpg

ed680ae6.jpg

boomtruck.jpg

Back