The Truck Thread

Looks good to me.

But since when is Oklahoma "rust free," don't they get nasty winters?

Toyota Tundra, '03-'06...though for $9k I expect it'll be fairly high mileage. Really fine truck, for a daily driver that can do some real hauling/towing.

This was $9,000, right place right time. 20mpg+ with the 6 speed. easy as pie to work on, IMO.

I'll sell if for 15,000. :)

Attachments

• DSC00411.jpg
    DSC00411.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 22
Looks good to me.

But since when is Oklahoma "rust free," don't they get nasty winters?

Nasty winters??? Some are worse than others. They will put a salt/sand mixture on the roads probably 14 days per year. Sometimes 1 day at a time. Sometimes 3 days in a row.

Government offices/schools shut down probably 3 to 5 days per year. But remember, they will close things down with an accumulation under 1".

In comparison to the "northern" states, I think we have fairly mild winters.

Well i went and looked at some new/newer trucks today...Obviously what I wanted was way to expensive but I ended up taking this
http://www.simsgm.com/VehicleDetail...4_Wheel_Drive_Work_Truck-Euclid-OH/1717043583
for a test drive. Its a 2009 Chevy Silverado with 40k miles.. I got them down to 358/month or a total financed cost of $21,500. I have to admit buying cars has always been something I suck at. I dont know if thats a good price or not? The truck drove nicely and it seemed clean and well maintained. 2 yrs free maintenance, 12month 12k miles bumper to bumper.

On another note my credit score was way higher than I expected.

Was that built before or after GM's bankruptcy/reorganization? I've heard that warranties on vehicles built/sold before the bankruptcy were not always being honored. Of course in most cases a 'warranty' isn't applicable anyway.

Nice looking truck but I'd never willingly buy a Chevy. Lots of people like them though.

I'm on my second Silverado 4x4 dually, no complaints, 2nd one is even better than the first. Duramax diesel.

Each time I priced a Ford vs Chevy 4x4 3500, Chevy offered more benefits, especially payload, and cost significantly less. The one thing I can say for a F250 is they always have a great look, but lately I think the Silverado is just as good there, too. I had an '88 F250 I bought used and I have to say it was a lemon. Now, it is remotely possible that not alllll Fords are junky, but I'm not rushing to buy another one.

Everything built in 1988 was junky. I just think Fords hold their value better (they break less so they are worth more as they age). And if my last two bucket trucks are any indication I can say that Chevy electrical/wiring sucks donkey balls.

When was the last time you saw a Chevy pickup that didn't have one of the front daytime running lights burned out?

I know what you mean Brian I see those burnt out lights everywhere. Its not just pickups, it is suvs too. I have had good luck though. I have an older Silverado and a newer one which is a duramax and no issues. Matter of fact the older one is a 2000 and that thing is a tank. I have beat the hell out of it snow plowing, towing way over capacity, and running into objects I am not supposed to and it just keeps on going. The bucket truck is an f750, so I guess I really don't have any brand loyalty between the two.

I don't want to ruffle any feathers, but I'll never, ever buy another Ford. Ever. I'd rather be run over by a dump truck than to ever drive mine again. It would hurt less.

And I am poor... but look what's in my parking space..'10 Silverado 14k miles..

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1336778095115.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1336778095115.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 20
Congrats, looks good.

How could you be poor with that nice new position at Davey???:)

Eh, not poor just a new payment to consider. I am super happy with it though...

Davey treats me well though, they have a program where if you buy a new GMC,ford,chevy etc you get it at dealer invoice, they actually have to show you the invoice price... Albeit i was still out of my price point with a NEW rig. All considered though 15k miles is a LOT newer than the 150k miles my Outback had! Besides I was looking at close to $1000 in repairs to the subaru after I just put $500 into it 2 months ago.

Apparently a 3500 duramax diesel dually is like a 60k truck, who knew?!

Back