The Truck Thread

Chevy...Ford...Dodge. They all suck and they all are the finest thing ever made.

Me, wouldn't ever buy a Ford. Might buy a Chev if I had to, wouldn't be troubled at all over a Dodge. But they all suck and they all are the finest thing ever made.
:D

That is a nice rig Jeff.

I'm scared to register my new one, not sure I want to pay the increase in fuel price and insurance compared to my Toyota. :(

It's a 6 speed with 3.73's so mileage shouldn't be "terrible"

yeah , I feel ya. Mine cost about 750 or so for sales tax on a used vehicle :wtf: and registration. Looks like you got a nice rig too!

A follow up on my water pump replacement this week. I got the pictures off the camera this morning, here is a look at the little bastard and another shot of the same area after putting everything back together.

IMG_2043.jpg

IMG_2044.jpg

Yup. Same as what's in my truck. I'm fairly familiar with that area as I just replaced my alternator a couple of weeks ago. Much, much simpler than what Brian went through.

Good to hear it's all back up and running Brian!

I'm glad I'll never have to work on a newer V-8 diesel truck. The cab and fenders should come with hinges so you can flip them out of the way.

Dave, the hood flips forward and the inner fenders are hooked into tabs and held in place with a single clip. The only thing in my way was the tire, and if I had gotten ambitious I could have lifted the truck with the outriggers and removed that as well.

I'm talking about something like a 6.0 or newer Ford, but I can see where you had to do a little tunnelling as well. The 7.3s weren't great, but it only gets worse as they get newer. The inline engines are comparatively much easier to work on. Emissions stuff really hogs the engine bay.

I'm going to try to hang onto this new truck as long as possible. It's the last "simple" ford diesel.

Or I'll opt for a small Toyota gas job.

Hey Brendon, you may have mentioned this somewhere on this thread (and I know that you've told me before), but I was wondering what year your Ford chip truck is and where did you get the chip box?

Trucks are both early 99's, diesel, 4x4, manuals trans.

The dump body is just a steel mason dump body, with an aluminum box a friend welded. Nothing fancy, the truck is too heavy actually with the mason dump weighing about 1500lbs. I'm going to swap it for an aluminum flatbed (350lbs), a lower height box (5'), and taller back doors next summer. A friend wants the mason dump, but the aluminum insert will be for sale.

I would not trade my 7.3 psd. Old reliable may not be able to tweek it as much as the newer ones but it has pulled whatever I have put to it.

Brendon, keep me in mind this summer when you make the switch. I may be interested in purchasing the aluminum insert. I just live a few hours north of you up here in NH.

Thanks,
Chris

Holy shat that is sooooo cool. A little VW like that with a bucket would sell work for me with all the old hippies up here. They would hire me just to watch it. :lol:

Back