The Truck Thread

I just recently got a free replacement of a 3/8 in. drive ratchet that gave up the ghost after thirteen something zillion turns...I received it in a nice starter Craftsman tool set for Christmas of the year I turned 16 and bought my first car.

Actually, I lucked out on that. The salesman had both new and factory rebuilt drives in a drawer...he looked at the old one and foraged around until he found a rebuilt older model, all metal just like the one I was trading in.

Lucky you. One would think they would carry the guts like they used to. One clip ring dumps the guts out, clean it up, and pop it back together. Unfortunately I don't give Sears much longer to live. Our two area stores are really dead. I used to love that store years ago.

Oh this is just looks tooo fun! :lol:

1953_truck_wagon_peterbuilt_dodge_ross1.jpg

1953_truck_wagon_peterbuilt_dodge_ross2.jpg

1953_truck_wagon_peterbuilt_dodge_ross4.jpg

1953_truck_wagon_peterbuilt_dodge_ross3.jpg

Nice, what is it? I can't see the nameplate, looks a bit like a Peterbuilt.

There's an old guy around here doing lawns with a yellow Kenworth with a little flat top, I'll see if I can get a pic.

Going on lawn and fuel prices, it'd cost him more to get there than he'd make but he probably just want's to get away from home.:)

I was just going through our local classifieds... And I can not believe what I saw... May dad is selling his 72 pick up :(
75708.jpg

Tad pricey for me... Damn! I thought he was gonna be buried in that thing.. Bought it brand new when I was a kid.

I think it was 3500 new back in the day... 3/4 ton.
Someone once offered him that much for it so it stuck in his head.
Seems like his idea is.. if someone buys it, awesome... if they don't ... awesome :lol:
I believe the engine in it now was a factory crate engine.
My BIL built him a couple beasts to put in it and after he blew them a couple times, he went back to the stock 350. One owner truck.

I agree. If it still had the original engine, that adds to value. Out west where there are all kinds of old stuff in good shape I would think the market would be a little lower.

Although I have a bud who has been redoing old vehicles as a fill in in his body shop. 67 Malibu, not immaculate but presentable. Guy on the West Coast bought it and had it shipped all the way from NY. One would think you could save the shipping money and get more value right out there.

My gramps had a 71 I loved. Drove it awhile. Theres a following for that body style, it may sell but may take a little time. It looks mint

Like I stated.. I don't think he is entirely wanting it to sell, but if it does at close to that price... kudos old man. :D
Mom has a 71 or 72 convertible beetle, dad a 57 Belair, the 72 pick up and a 64 T Bird. They primarily drive the Tahoe. Pretty full stable. I always thought one of my BILs would end up with the truck though.

Nice line-up. My bud had a 64 T Bird that got left on his property in Florida. He died and his wife got notified it was stolen. Probably parted out on E-Bay would be my guess.

I have a 72 1/2 ton Chev pick up a 67 flat bed one ton and a 72 Valiant. My first car on the road was a 66 Valiant. I would like to find another in nice shape. Nice looking year. I saw a beautiful one drive by this summer. Felt like chasing him down. Probably have to find a project to be able to afford it.

I still have a 65 Valiant a friend gave me in 72, but it wasn't that nice back then. I probably should cash that one in after I strip it.

I envy people that live in a country where there aren't mandatory annual or every two years vehicle inspections. It is a rare day in heaven where you see a car broken down on the side of the road, but it also keeps a lot of cool cars from being operated.

My first car was a 64 T bird.. He offered to sell it to me once, I was just not in a financial place to take him up on it. Really don't have a place to store it either. Dang thing is the same color as well. Won't take much to put it right.

Back