The Truck Thread

I have to watch Levi... He is already dealing out some whoop ass and making friends at the Christian School Katy has them in a couple days a week... He had one kid pinned, then when told to stop that, they both got up and were laughing and arms over the shoulders :lol:
Did I mention he is already learning Latin ?:O
I am going to have my friggen hands full!

No doubt...good luck with that one Stephen! Looks like the way we roll...last couple of days have been heavy, 3 loads each day outta the back of our pick em up, I'm sure you know exactly what I'm talkin aboot.

IMG_1252.jpg

I like the fire truck Guido.

'82...

Its certainly been a change of pace from operating either a 75' forestry unit or a 5 ton 40 yd roll off. I would say I've lost weight, but I swear I never get any heavier or lighter than 185. Well, maybe a little heavier after a big meal.

I hear ya. I think I go up one waist size in winter and back down by summer. Weight factor is a misnomer as my dress jackets hardly fit anymore, but I stay right about 145-150

wore my new to me raingear at work for the first time today, sold as medium I think the actual fit is x-large, I stayed dry though so I dont care. Since we are on the topic of weight loss....

Attachments

• IMAG1739.jpg
    IMAG1739.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 65
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
1052peq.jpg

Military surplus, Paul? I bought a German rain suit from Sportsman Guide a few years back. Brand new, about $20. It is great except no hood. They used to have some good buys on surplus. Not so much now. Probably a lot of competition for the stuff.

MB: You make funny! haha
Jay: You aint kidding
Cobler: it is indeed, I think about $20 each for jacket and pants, plus shipping. I have a second set of the same on the way, for the price it seemed like a good deal. Keeping in mind where I live and work, with the two sets of rain wear like the one in the picture, it brings my fleet to 6 sets. One rubber helly hansen style and 5 sets of various breathable / waterproof materials. I think 2 sets in the rotation (in the truck, gotta stay on topic right?) at any one time, its a necessary evil when it rains for most days of the year.

Last week I jackknifed the dump trailer on the bucket truck and broke one of my outrigger control levers. The next morning when I noticed it I had to come up with a quick on-the-job fix so I could get to work. Yesterday I got a new lever in the mail from the parts guy at Altec and everything is good again. I even straightened out the frame around the levers a little (most of that damage was there when I bought the truck).

Back