The Truck Thread

Took the missus shopping for a new ride today to replace the Escape that got totaled a few weeks ago. She decided on this 2012 Explorer. Damn thing has more electronic gadgets in it than my airplane:

val1.jpg val2.jpg

Chevy electronics scare me, almost every issue I've had with my bucket truck has been electrical at the root. The Fords are quite a bit more reliable on the electrical stuff though. Erik, I'm sure she's going to love the Exploder. You need to tint the windows, get some better looking rims and a chip for the motor. ;)

Carl gets to now learn that HD doesn't stand for Harley Davidson. It stands for Hundred Dollars. Ask me how I know... :)

Congrat's Carl!

That reminds me of a saying my brother had when we were on KY Lake this year. BOAT stands for Break Out Another Thousand.

Yep steering rod got stuck left. Quick afternoon fix with big hammer, pliers and vise grips.

A boat owners 2 happiest days...

The day he buys his favorite boat.

The day many years later when he finally sells the cause of most of his headaches.

A boat owners 2 happiest days...

The day he buys his favorite boat.

The day many years later when he finally sells the cause of most of his headaches.

AMEN!

Brian, I don't need to do a damn thing to the Exploder- it's hers. ;) :lol:

Had to show these rad trucks that are sitting derelict on this fellas property.
6c551c67-3d5c-91f4.jpg
6c551c67-3d7b-0b61.jpg

Careful, next thing you know Gasoline will be inviting his tall self down there to check out his next hot rod project.

Turn signals stopped working on my F350. Hazards still working fine, apparently they used the same relay, so it's not that. Any suggestions?

Not the fuse, I've checked that. With me, it's never a fuse. :lol: I'm thinking something must have rattled loose. I hit a big hole in the driveway at work this morning, I'm thinking that might be the culprit. New information for diagnoses: when I put the turn signal on, the light goes out (if I'm on the brakes).

On my truck there is fuses under the dash, and under the hood near the master cylinder. Not sure if there is one there on a gasser, or just the diesels.

What year? I just replaced the complete switch on my '97. Not a bad job but you better have nimble fingers. Someone (me) tightened the new pintel against some loose wiring hanging out back. It took a while to figure out, but That bastard got his ear chewed off when I found the problem. You can usually disconnect the front of the truck from the back to help find the short. It is on the firewall opposite the brake pedal. Good luck.

Back