The Truck Thread

Maintenance is almost always way cheaper than emergency repairs, in direct costs as well as delays to planned work. You did the smart thing, Skwerl.

Looking good Brian. I have a leak in my chipper motor that I can't seem to get fixed. Regarding the traction control my son has a Subaru with the all wheel drive, and it won't spin the tires at all.

Picked up a 1995 Eddie Bauer Bronco last week for cheap. 140,000 miles. New tires. A/C works great. Drove it 5-hours home and it did fine.

Pulled the passenger seat out and dropped it off at the upholstery shop. $90.00 for a new seat insert. Should be ready Tuesday.

Pulled all the filthy carpet out. Planning on putting it in the back of my pickup, taking it to the car wash, and blasting it with soap then a good rinse. Should come out looking pretty good.

Hmmm, leave the exhaust quiet or make it rumble? Leave the windows alone or black them out? So many decisions to make...:D

Attachments

• Tire.jpg
    Tire.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 12
  • Bad Seat.jpg
    Bad Seat.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 12
  • Left Side.jpg
    Left Side.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 12
  • Inside Left.jpg
    Inside Left.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 12
I would absolutely tint, although I'm not a big fan of super dark tint. I just put 30% tint on the Mustang. Nice looking truck.

Tint for sure!

My F250 is getting some body work done, and I can't be without wheels, so I bought this:)

12c3509b.jpg

It's a 2008 Sportster 1200 Nightster, had 2315 miles on it.

We'll see how I like riding bikes, if I end up not liking it, I should be able to sell it for a profit.

Hope you do enjoy it Carl. I loved riding my old water Buffalo but didn't have the correct appreciation for the cars competing with me for road space and gave up riding...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Carl, Sportys are for smaller framed people.

You bought a bike? I musta missed something. Cool!

But a Sportster's too small for you or me, IMHO.

I think he is talking about dimensionality, which I don't disagree with. It has 91hp and weighs 562 lbs, plenty of power for sure. It's an upright stance, I certainly can't stretch out on it for sure without different pegs. When I went on the test (and my first) ride, my hips were screaming at me in displeasure. I don't know if it was muscle tension or what, but that never happened again.

I figured it's a good first bike, I put a little over 100 miles on it yesterday. The main attraction to it was the $6500 price tag with (2300 miles) and the fact I put it on my discover card with no interest until May. If I decide riding isn't for me, I should be able to make money off selling it. Also I'll not have to wonder any more, scratch it off my bucket list so to speak.

If you decide to sell it, put it on Craigslist about 4-6 weeks before Bike Week. Best time of year to sell a bike because every Spring everybody thinks they want a Harley.

I think in the world of Harley owners it's considered to be a chick bike. It seems to me it's kind of a reversal of the usual male/female roles as the guys like to have all sorts of gingerbread (accessories) on their motorcycles and the women have a more bare bones style.

Back