The Truck Thread

My truck ended up being right under $4k, had a cracked injector cup. ~$2500 from the warranty and the rest from me for upgraded parts. Put in studs and a new head gasket on the other side, Bullet Proof Diesel's EGR cooler, and a new fan belt since it's such a bugger to change (without the cab off).

Getting this ready to send to a fellow Trouser, a frame drop Dana 135S.

de4c3126.jpg

1b9bce22.jpg

ff6a1885.jpg

What was the purpose of torching the driveshaft? Was it bent? It takes about 90 seconds to unbolt one side of the u joint.

:lol:

It uses 12pt (guessing)/shallow splined bolts. Not sure if I had something to fit it and I didn't want to waste time dinking around.

Yup, fortunately I have outriggers and can accomplish the same thing without moving the truck. ;)
Actually I just overfilled it slightly and will bring it home to check it again tomorrow. I also want to retorque the axle lugs.

Just giving you a hard time, FJR. I've never had a problem here, put near 3k miles on the truck thus far.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Should't that thing be more on the truck? You won't be popping wheelies when you hit a bump, will ya?

Naw, I put it back there to magnify the weight transfer to the rear axle and soften bumps. The truck has ~4200lbs on the front axle.

The problem with those monster chippers is that you're overweight if you chip for more than 10 minutes and haul the chips. You need an F800 with air brakes and a class B license to adequately utilize that machine.

Naw, I put it back there to magnify the weight transfer to the rear axle and soften bumps. The truck has ~4200lbs on the front axle.

That's a good idea. Driving a cab/chassie is no fun.

I'd be bringing some logs or something back as well. Have a safe trip.8)

Steer clear of that morbark,Its pre drum fan and WILL clog.Around 2004 onwards they changed.

Back