The Truck Thread

Husqvarna 272XP 002.jpg Husqvarna 272XP 001.jpg Good day for taking pictures, near freezing out and pouring rain.
Here is my 2007 Dodge 2500 4X4 with the last of the good ole 5.9 Cummins. Still got only 50,000 miles on it[85,000km]. Behind it is my homemade trailer unit [side dump, 6" Morbark 2060D chipper, 252 Vermeer stumpgrinder and Muck Truck power barrow sitting on tonque hitch.]

Willard.

Thanks guys.
FJR ,With trailer empty I have 700 lbs tongue weight [power barrow and platform/ramp weigh 300 lbs] So the trailer is balanced good for safe travel. I have airbags on the back axle of the Dodge along with 10 ply Michelins. Trailer fully loaded with chips still weighs under 10,000 lbs.
Willard.

Butch, I built it in my 22'x22' car garage over 5 yrs ago. I'm a self taught welder and with no blue print to go by I really had to think this design out. With nothing like this on the market I knew I had to build what would suit my low cost operation.
I made it compact at 6' 6"wide x 21' long. I can park a mini skid on it in place of the stumpgrinder. So I think I have a very versatile setup for a 1 man tree service. In my neck of the woods we're allowed to build a homemade trailer up to 10,000 lbs with no safety certificate.
Willard.

Last week I discovered that the rubber spring stops on the front springs on the big truck were disintegrated. I checked around a couple of local places and discovered that these rubber bushings were a dealer-only item. Well that stinks, because we don't have a medium duty Chevy Truck dealer in Orlando any more and the one in Tampa is staffed by idiots. The guy at the local truck parts store gave me a phone number to Westfall GMC in KC, MO while I was picking up my new shocks on Monday. I called the parts counter and a very helpful gentleman helped me out and got my parts sent out the same day, FedEx just dropped them off at my door a few minutes ago.

Guess what I'm doing this weekend? :D

View attachment 27291

Butch, I built it in my 22'x22' car garage over 5 yrs ago. I'm a self taught welder and with no blue print to go by I really had to think this design out. With nothing like this on the market I knew I had to build what would suit my low cost operation.
I made it compact at 6' 6"wide x 21' long. I can park a mini skid on it in place of the stumpgrinder. So I think I have a very versatile setup for a 1 man tree service. In my neck of the woods we're allowed to build a homemade trailer up to 10,000 lbs with no safety certificate.
Willard.

A very nice setup

Put a new set of batteries in my pickup today. It's been sitting for more than a year. Turned over for about 5 seconds and fired up, even with a bad injector pump and fuel pump. With any luck, it'll be back on the road in a few weeks.

Here is a pic of my new to me truck. It is a 2000 GMC Sierra 2500. I got it from my son's daycare provider. It only had 69k miles and it really is in good shape. We are sending it out to be painted white tomorrow. Decals will be in before the paint is done, so by next weekend we should have a pretty nice looking work truck.

I am not sure how I am going to transport all of my kids once the twins come, but I guess I will cross that bridge when I get to it.:|: 1023101636a.jpg

Cool buy. Glad to hear the shit brown is getting painted over. Strap their seats in the bed of the truck, they'll be good to go.

Now you have to post after paint pics as well.

The shit brown is actually a worse color of gold. Either way, I really dont like two tones, no matter what color. I will post pics as the truck progresses.

Here is an update on my new truck.....

Step one, purchase
1023101636a.jpg

Step two, paint
144.JPG

Next step is decals.... maybe on Friday.

How come they didn't put the bump-trim strips back on the sides?

Back