The Truck Thread

Likin' it just fine, Brian. Nothing yet... I'm sure that'll change soon.

How do you figure that, Steve? My last Ranger was an auto.

The auto tranny matched to the 4.0 is a very solid Mazda unit. I had no problems with my 94 and it worked perfectly when I gave the truck to my bil with about 150K on the odometer. Erik's had 230K miles. That particular automatic is about bulletproof.

When was the last time you priced used vehicles less than a year old? You might lose $10K after the first three years...

According to Kelly Blue Book, a 2008 Ranger equipped like mine, with 36,000 miles on the clock should fetch $23,940. That's not much depreciation for three years of use.

Trucks hold their value better than cars. 4-by's even more so. And when loaded with options, it'll take 5 years to lose $10k in value.

nice truck, whooo there spendy little guys now - I ran alot of those mazda and rangers - liked them all and they were good trucks for us

At least the old design Ranger looked like a truck. That blue thang looks like a car with open space for a large suitcase! Oh and a roll bar!

Looks like a Tundra. It's supposed to be a lot bigger as well, easily as big as the full size pickup trucks of 25 years ago.

I guess the "farmer" is comming out of me! Last time I checked a truck was for workin' and hauling stuff in the back. We usually take the car or SUV if we're going to an appointment or a visit! Such is life.

The one that burns my ass is some yuppie that buys a 80K 1 tom to pull his 5th wheel 150 mile to the lake once a year. *so they can ruff it* The industrial users of trucks are payin' through the nose because of the whims of some DINK (Double income no kids)!

Chevy has really got into the car with a box! Trucks (in name only) that ride like a car and have a payload of a VW rabbit!:X

For the better part of my youth we always had Ford trucks and Chev or Olds cars. 1981 was the last Ford I bought. Dodge all they way now Baby!!!:D

I had an 07 plate Ranger on a hire deal for 6 months. It was a fantastic truck. I'd buy one tomorrow if I could afford to.

I just got my F150 back from the shop tonight. The gear/bearing noise in the rear end is finally gone! My mechanic said the bearings were shot, and I happened to have a set of almost new 3.73 gears in a box in the closet. He swapped out the factory 3.31 gears and the old girl has quite a bit more juice off the line now. He was ready to pull it back apart because he heard a tiny little bit of gear lash around 42-45 mph but I couldn't hear it.

I'll get my bill tomorrow after he gets a stronger calculator to add it up. :O

Ford has been notorious for over-gearing their 2wd pickups for decades. My 1988 had 3.08 gears and a 5 speed, I could hit 30 mph in first gear! When I re-geared that truck my mileage actually increased. I'm currently getting about 12 mpg so I'm guessing my mileage will be better with the new gears not lugging the motor as badly.

Back