The Truck Thread

I'm at 2800 so far for the year. But I don't use my bucket maybe 2 days a week.
Brian is rolling his hard at least 4 days a week,I believe!

I just spent $1158 on two new rear tires this month, $1100 on a new turbo last month and $1171 on two front tires the previous month. Shit adds up quickly on big trucks.

If you keep up on your maintenance and don't run your trucks into the ground, yes. I look for stuff to fix instead of waiting for the truck to break down. I've replaced almost every hydraulic line on the truck, had the transmission pulled to fix a leaking front seal rather than having to shove a piece of cardboard under the truck on every job, I investigate and fix every drip I can find, etc. I can pull my truck into the driveway of any mansion in Winter Park without worry of leaking on their property.

How do you address your exhaust on grass. I've browned a few patches in some nice centipede with the Ac drip and the exhaust. I'm used to the pony motor and no Ac. So this is a bit of a new problem to me.

AC water drip isn't an issue. On my exhaust I had to turn the downtube so that it pointed sideways and blows out under the side boxes instead of straight down into the grass. I don't have anything critical in the bottom shelf of those two boxes, they get a little warm but not enough to bother anything.

If you keep up on your maintenance and don't run your trucks into the ground, yes. I look for stuff to fix instead of waiting for the truck to break down. I've replaced almost every hydraulic line on the truck, had the transmission pulled to fix a leaking front seal rather than having to shove a piece of cardboard under the truck on every job, I investigate and fix every drip I can find, etc. I can pull my truck into the driveway of any mansion in Winter Park without worry of leaking on their property.

A guy we sub in with a big bucket has drip trays and cardboard everywhere,For what he gets paid he really should FIX the leaks.

Just sent my pickup back to the paint shop to have the WHOLE thing redone.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357252974.817243.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357252927.690654.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357253015.267246.jpg

Pretty pissed about the whole ordeal. The body shop wasted a bunch of my Time but after threat of small claims court have decided to redo the blue paint and reimburse me to get the logos painted on again.

We shall see if round two is any better.

love
nick

Yep. This is why a good paint job is so expensive, ppl whine and gripe about the cost but when you compare a good paint job to something like this, you see why it costs what it does. I don't know who did yours, or what they charged, etc, but either way, glad you got them to redo it. Hopefully round 2 they do it right and it looks good.

The manager of the place is a putz and when I finally got in touch with the owner and showed him the work he was professional but seemed pissed at his crew.

It's my fault. I got it at Earl Scheib for $700. I didn't realize they were like the Poulan of paint jobs.

love
nick

Body work and paint costs money, the more you pay the better of a job you get. My neighbor had been after me to let him do some body/paint work. He can do excellent works, paints airplanes for a living and is into hot rods and the like. His own jobs are quite mint from what I've seen. Anywho, the quote from my preferred shop was ~$4k. He said that was outrageous, he would do it for $1500. I stressed I didn't want a cheap job, I wanted a quality job. The work was elective btw.

Long story short, I should have spent the $4k to get what I want. I figured that going into it, but I figured I could give him a try and perhaps it would turn into a nice relationship. I still got my money's worth, but I would have rather spent the extra coin or none at all.

Live and learn, I guess. Earl Scheib has always been a cheap but often not a very good paint job place. Painting ANY car for a certain inexpensive amount used to be their slogan when I was a kid. Every once-in-awhile they would raise it ten bucks or so. People would joke about getting an Earl Scheib paint job, but it was ok if you had a hot date and wanted to impress with a shiny car. No surprise of the paint started to soon chip off, and by then the girl might be out of your life.

Did you notice that the Truck Thread lost a big bunch of posts ?
Look at the post 1354, it's 08.25.2012. The next one from Nick is just from one day ago.
Am I wrong thinking there must be someone speaking about trucks during this last 4 months ?:D

What's a fair price???

2000 F550 with a new 2013 dump bed. Removable sides. Hydrolic power up/down. Goose neck hitch.

7.3 Powerstroke Diesel. Automatic, A/C, tilt, cruise, cloth seats.

Recent engine replacement.

Don't know the total mileage on the chassis (probably around 195,000) or the exact mileage since the engine replacement (probably around 30,000).

It's for sale from a reputable business a couple of hours from here.

What do you guy's think it's worth???

untitled2.JPG

untitled.JPG

untitled8.JPG

untitled4.JPG

untitled5.JPG

untitled6.JPG

untitled7.JPG

I'm not sure how an engine replacement affects the listing price but I'll tell you what I paid for my truck almost exactly the same setup. Mine is a 2001 F550 7.3L with 63K when I bought and mason style dump bed and toolbox. Picked it up for even 15K from a spot in Los Angeles a year and a half ago.

jp:D

Yeah that was a friend that built it I was just his grinding, sanding holding tubing in place guy during the process. It was pretty cool to be involved in the whole thing though, we stayed up late into the evenings working on it after doing our normal jobs during the day.

box2.JPG

We're going to start building a flatbed for the F350 soon just have to finish a few jobs to make some more $.

Back