Tanaka ecs 3301

Cut4fun

Redneck Chainsaw Repair
Tanaka 3301 Have any of you guys ran one of these top handle saws and have some time behind one? Just looking at taking one in on a trade to put on the shelf or resale later.

New they show $250-$300 new. About 1.6 hp. So I am figuring underpowered, but I want to know about weight which shows 7.3lbs and balance of the saw when one handing :O:\:.

http://www.tanaka-usa.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=ECS-3301

Used value you can figure half of new, and being an unknown brand that knocks it down a bit as well. Which puts you at about $100 value unless it's broken or needs a part, then the value drops to pretty much 'whatever you'll give me for it'.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Brian I know all about used values and how to allow what on trade in ;) . I want to know about the saw itself.

Tanaka is a known brand here, but amongst professional users not a very highly regarded one. Underpowered is all that I have heard.

Is there a US Tanaka manufacturing facility? If not, at that price given today's exchange rate, I wouldn't think that much could be hoped for. Sorry, I can't directly comment on that model, which is what is being asked.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well no go today. I think I may have avoided a scam or a stolen saw. Guy is from Crestline Ohio.

Remember this is all being done through emails. I ask when and where to meet to check out saw. He states he is from Crestline and is free all day Sunday and could drive over to show me if I lived in Mansfield etc. I sent back well I live in Crestline too and can meet you anywhere in public such as gas station etc on Sunday.
Well guy never gets back with me.

1. I figure he was wanting to come to my house to ????? later maybe
2. the saw was stolen from a crestline resident and feared it was the owner.

One thing I can not stand or tolerate is a LIAR and a THIEF! Oh well no big loss.

Back