Stihl treated me right today!

stig

Patron saint of bore-cutters
As I've posted elsewhere, we decided to give us selves a couple of the nice new MS661 for x-mas.
Gotta be nice to yourself, no-one else are.
So we ordered two and sold off our two 660s which had plenty of hours left in them.
Then Stihl did a recall on all the 661s, and left us stuck with no saws.
I've been letting time pass, thinking that they'd get the problem sorted out, and we didn't need them anyway in this muddy winter.
Well, tomorrow we start logging the big stuff, so I called Stihl Denmark and asked to speak with the guy in charge of the saw department.

I told him the whole sad tale and that I'd been running their stuff for the last 30 odd years. Loyal customer and all that jazz.
He said that the 660 was still awailable, to which I replied that I'd just sold two perfectly good 660s in order to upgrade, so I wasn't interesting in spending money on new ones.

So he told me he'd call my dealer and tell him to let me pick up two new 660s, run them on loan till the 661 returns, then bring them back and buy my two 661s.

How's that for service?:)

Geeze,

Here i am still waiting to see if they will warranty the seized motor in my blower well within the warranty period, and you're getting loaner saws while im using a seven year old handheld. :lol:

Nice to see them step up for ya.

There is a 661 on CL for sale here already. Guess they got it before recalling them back in.

Here i am still waiting to see if they will warranty the seized motor in my blower well within the warranty period------

How in the world did to hang a blower engine ?

No idea.

Lost power during use. Shut it off, sat it down. Restarted. Wouldn't rev. Sat down, then wouldn't pull.

Same fuel used in 8 other machines, blower was 5 months old blowing sawdust and two leaf cleanups.

That's good to hear Stig, the 3rd generation Mr. Stihl is keeping accountability within the company......might be a good lesson for Electrolux?

As I've posted elsewhere, we decided to give us selves a couple of the nice new MS661 for x-mas.
Gotta be nice to yourself, no-one else are.
So we ordered two and sold off our two 660s which had plenty of hours left in them.
Then Stihl did a recall on all the 661s, and left us stuck with no saws.
I've been letting time pass, thinking that they'd get the problem sorted out, and we didn't need them anyway in this muddy winter.
Well, tomorrow we start logging the big stuff, so I called Stihl Denmark and asked to speak with the guy in charge of the saw department.

I told him the whole sad tale and that I'd been running their stuff for the last 30 odd years. Loyal customer and all that jazz.
He said that the 660 was still awailable, to which I replied that I'd just sold two perfectly good 660s in order to upgrade, so I wasn't interesting in spending money on new ones.

So he told me he'd call my dealer and tell him to let me pick up two new 660s, run them on loan till the 661 returns, then bring them back and buy my two 661s.

How's that for service?:)

Stig, have you heard anything about the 661 yet?
Somewhere I read they will be available again in the U.K. summer of 2014.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Not a word.
We are still running the courtesy 660's:)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I went to a trade show this week and got a chance to talk with the Stihl representative.
The MS661 did not do well enough on the longevity tests. It simply didn't last the hours it was supposed to, that was why they pulled it.
It is supposed to make a re-appearance in 3 months.

The bastards are not releasing the T150 on the Scandinavian market. I raised a huge stink about that and have started trying to get people I know in the field to mail Stihl and complain.
I want one of those after reading all the great reviews here.

I just wish I could have packed my 150TC and brought it with me to Bermuda...flipping elbows are sore already from Mr. Zubat and Mr. Sugoi...:(

Remember to clean your blade periodically. Pitch robs you of effort. Sometimes, push-ups/ press-ups are good for preventative elbow health. Opposing muscle balance.

One of the perks of being middle aged... you can say things like "I've been running stihl saws for 30 years"..

cop asked me tonight if I'd had anything to drink... I told him I haven't had a drink since '91... He was in elementary school at the time from the look if him..
Of course its not exactly true . I might have had 5-6 glasses of wine in the last couple years... but the line never the less worked just fine.. Nice that getting older has some benefits..

Back