Stihl BT45 Gas Drill/Auger

mpriley05

Expert Lurker
I have a used Stihl BT45 gas powered drill/auger for sale. It is in good shape and runs well. The drill has 3 speeds - 2 forward and 1 reverse. This drill can handle long wood bits (for cabling and bracing) as well as earth auger bits (for aeration & fert).

Pictures here: http://asheville.craigslist.org/tls/3245976451.html

I'm asking $230.

Please email mpriley05 at gmail.com if interested (I don't check PMs much, so email is preferred).

Thanks!

Yep...but I have just bought a lot of gear so now is not the time....

But $230 is a good deal...

And I need to know if my current drill will do the trick or not. No sense paying $230 if what I have works.

Dont let the naysayers sway you, there might be better suited tools for specific tasks but the gas job is great and it WILL do everything you need it to.

I dont see an electric cordless drill pushing 13/16 through anything of significant diameter.

I asked about it in another thread and there seemed to be the idea that electric is MORE powerful than gas. I need to just try them out side by side.

Electric may be, but you arent hauling a miluakee holehawg into any trees.

We have access to both, i like the holehawg for drains or rods at ground level, anything in the air and gas is the ticket.

Don't worry Nick, if it sells I have one i'll let you keep for twice the price

They are nice drills. I use mine for cabling with rigguys, a bit bulky but never have to worry about batteries.

I use it most for aerating. I've got a 2" auger bit and go to town. I've done it on a few mature trees with soil compaction and really noticed a difference.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I can't speak for electric drills, but this one will bore a 3/4" bit through 48" maple. I think I have it sold, but I'm waiting to hear back.

I'll let you know if it falls through, Nick. ;)

We have a miluakee hole hawg... it's great, unless you have to leave the ground, or dont have electricity... the gas is more versatile and plenty powerful.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

A "hole hawg" is nice but I was refering to the big boy .The model 1854-1 ,350 RPM 10 amp electric arm breaker . Which has nothing to do with the gasoline powered Stihl drill which is also nice for what it's intended for .

It has a 2" hitch for your truck reciever, you just hit the throttle lock, back up till the bumper hits the tree and hope it doesn't torque the tree out of the ground

A "hole hawg" is nice but I was refering to the big boy .The model 1854-1 ,350 RPM 10 amp electric arm breaker . Which has nothing to do with the gasoline powered Stihl drill which is also nice for what it's intended for .

Is that the one that is designed for use with Mores Taper bits?

Back