Stihl BGA 85 Electric Blower

NickfromWI

King of Splices
I got one a month ago. Anyone else try one?

Works fine for us. Under powered and the battery life sucks. Like 15 minutes.

Battery plus blower plus charger was like $660

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373417064.848010.jpg

A few towns around LA have banned gas blowers. And we never had a gas one anyways. So this is a huge step up from a push broom. But in a blower competition we'd probably come in last.

love
nick

Vader-Do-Not-Want.jpg

For $500 I'll stick with my BR600 back pack blower. $660 for something underpowered and with 15 minutes of use is highway robbery. I guess when they ban gas blowers though you have to use what you can and mfg's can charge a premium for it.

True that MB. I have rarely had issues finding a plug on a house. But, there are exceptions, especially when the HOs are out of town and no outside receptacles. My point being, he could have spent less money and had more to show for it including potable electricity.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
That rate at which things that are bad for the environment are banned will increase exponentially.

love
nick

I do want to go on record and say that this blower is a total ripoff. Maybe technologically speaking its advanced. But really- it should last longer and/or have more power. I coulda got a better blower for $199.

However- I believe in my heart that we are trashing our home with all the gas we burn- so I gotta do the right thing and move in the direction I think we should be moving.

love
nick

I do want to go on record and say that this blower is a total ripoff. Maybe technologically speaking its advanced. But really- it should last longer and/or have more power. I coulda got a better blower for $199.

However- I believe in my heart that we are trashing our home with all the gas we burn- so I gotta do the right thing and move in the direction I think we should be moving.

love
nick

Better go solar then, due to coal fired power plants... :P

Hah! We're looking into getting solar panels on the cab of the truck to charge batteries for the blower, drill, sawzall, and grinder!

love
nick

My weedwacker goes about three hrs on the bug battery and the saw I can run all day at the chipper and still have juice in it.

Yeah- those times sound right. But the blower, believe it or not, uses a LOT more power than the chainsaw.

I have the bigger battery- the AP160.

The rep at the Stihl booth at a climbing comp a couple weeks ago told me that they are releasing an AP320 this year that is the same size as as the AP160.

Who knows how much that'll cost.

love
nick

And an added bonus of having an electric blower- I've used it in my house twice now and it's awesome!!! I was kicking up dust from all over the place!

love
nick

Back