Stihl 09 max bar size?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah, the 009.

I would've liked to have seen the bar specs if anyone knows of a link.

. image.jpg

I have no specs to post for you, but trust me 14" b/c is perfect if used as an arb saw.
I used to carve with a 09 back in the early 80's and loved the solid non anti vibe handles which gave me very precise ergonomics with pencil tip detail, I used a 12" dime tip carver bar.
Still makes a decent little pruning saw even though no anti vibe

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks, I was hoping to run a 16" — it's definitely not a one hander.

I'm surprised it's considered a consumer saw. This thing has some serious cutting power. I've handled some good sized trunk with this....

How saws are considered is not same every were, it is regional.
009 was not popular here in south Sweden at all by pro's. Some used 020's but not many.

In the area I live 020's are thought to be just the same and was never very popular ntil the 020 Super came with heated handles.
Then eyes were opened and 020 got a bit more sales.
The last version of the metal 020 was 020 BIG. After that it went plastic and got named 200.

If you only have the use of one hand they seem pretty good. I know a guy that had a stroke, and I've seen him cutting with one.

I've got an 011 in the shed which is about the same .I think it's got a 14" on it . It might take the same bar mount as a 200T .If I get some time today I'll check it out .

Yep same size .I was surprised to find a 16" on the 011 .I never really paid much attention to it .It runs okay, I assumed it was a clam shell but it's removable cylinder .Might be okay for bucket work but as a climber maybe not so good .From just lifting the both it seemed about the same weight as the 200T.

Attachments

• Stihl 011 001.jpg
    Stihl 011 001.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 10
  • Stihl 011 002.jpg
    Stihl 011 002.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 10
Back