Stihl 084 with like new 30" ES .404 bar + chain

For my money and in my experience, which does include both full wrap and standard handles, the improved ergonomics offered by the full wrap is where the value lies. You don't need the option of flipping the saw over with full control in every cutting situation, but having that option is priceless. Sure, on some slopes, felling is just about impossible without. But every day, your wrists and elbows will like it, I promise...if you're smart enough to take advantage of it. If one has never run full wrap handles, that will probably take some thinking about it early on to achieve. For me and others with many hours on a saw so outfitted, it's second nature.

The ability to choose the most comfortable handling arrangement for each cut is both good for your body long term, but also is safer each cut, imo.

The way I see it is full wrap is dependent on long bar sizes over 24". Pros who run 18-20" bars aren't going to bother with full wrap handles.
Shorter the bar ,smaller the diameter timber produces stumps lower to the ground.

Shorter the bar, smaller the diameter timber harvested; that produces the need to harvest every blessed inch one can scavenge from each tree...just sayin' :D.

Shorter the bar, smaller the diameter timber harvested; that produces the need to harvest every blessed inch one can scavenge from each tree...just sayin' :D.
True Burnham, but trees [fiber] here on most of our logging strips grows as thick as the hair on a dog's back, making high yield per acre.
But as I said flush to the ground stumps makes the way for skidding and forwarding equipment .

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
084 SOLD

If I had another I could probably sale it tomorrow. Tree company was wanting to check 3 saws out when they come over.

Back