Squisher's old truck

squisher

THE CALM ONE!!!!
Heh I've got a question to put to y'all. My old truck was insured with a declared value of $25,000 cdn of course. I'm having a bit of a difference of opinion with the estimator who has thus far offered me $22,000.

I would like y'alls opinion on whether I'm off my rocker or not.

So my question is on the value of my old truck.

My old truck was/is a 1990 f-700 forestry bucket truck with a vo55 versalift 55' working height lift. It has a ford 6.6 diesel in it and juice brakes. Recently I had put a new transmission (not used or rebuilt but brand new and a new pto), all new brakes, new tires and wheels as well as kept up on all maintenance and certs. Also new paint.

My 25cdn converts to roughly 23us. Remember what I'm asking about is a value of my truck not a value for a beat or fixer upper version of the same but a flawless running and extremely well maintained/clean version of my same truck. Also what needs to be factored in is the fact that advertised right now in BC is one yes one forestry unit bucket truck. And my value is based on the local market, not the eastern us or southern us. So something should be figured in for transporting if you're thinking it would go cheaper in your market.

Here is the most recent picture I have which doesn't show the new wheels/tires.

Attachments

• IMG_0962.JPG
    IMG_0962.JPG
    60.1 KB · Views: 134
Beat him up, tell him to pull up some comps if he's so sure your truck is only worth $22K. You have your comps printed out as well, I'm sure. Keep in mind his job is to pay you as little as he possibly can. If he gets you to settle for $3K less then he probably gets a bonus.

Your deductable is probably taken off of the total also Squish. Then in my experience they have a couple of other BS items to beat you out of some money.

If your guns don't work, there is also the black behemoth you are feeding. Is the adjuster coming over, skip a meal or two.

Squish, they had no problems taking premium payments based on a declared value of that truck. Remind him of that and maybe he should re imburse you the difference in the payments and add that to the $22,000 canadian he has offered you.

They will offer you a little as they can get away with! So long as you din't settle, the account is still open and will have to be delt with by the insurance company within a reasonable amount of time.

You may have to hold out for a bit but what ever you do...DO NOT SETTLE till you get your $25K!!! There is also an #800 number that goes over the heads of the insurance company that looks into the situation. I think its a branch of the government that oversees the dealings of the insurance people...not quite sure though.

All I know is is that they have to settle within a reasonable amount of time or they get in to some kind of trouble. Worse comes to wirse...take them to court! Its worth it to them to settle first cuz it will cost them more in the long run! Besides...the courts hate insurance companies that jerk the customers around.

FYI, everything said over the phone is taped and transcribed on paper !!! SO be consistant everytime you talk to them!!! ;)

Remember, they can't force you to settle so don't unless you get your $25k...simple as that!

HC

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I haven't budged a dime yet. My point to him everytime has been that I feel my truck is worth more than I had it insured for and the reason I only insured for $25g was to avoid having lowball offers like I've received from him so far in case something like this happened. Also through our conversations it's become apparent that he doesn't really no squat about these trucks, espescially the lifts.

Back