some older small Stihl saws

pantheraba

More biners!!!
These are two old (to me) saws I have...thought some of y'all would like to see them. They are both 015's....one is an "L", the other is just plain 015.

What is the difference?

I had a chain brake installed on one of them way back. I think I have an 017(?) somewhere.

I am no good at Stihl saws at all, but the difference in 015 and 015L i belive is the same.

The 015 is Older.
I belive when antivibe came availeble the L was introduced.

There is as far as I can tell 015, 015L, 015LQ, 015AV, 015AVE, 015AVQ

I've never seen one of those models.I did do some work a while back on an 012 I think.Dang little thing had a reed about the size of a nickle under the carb.Once I got it going though it seemed to be a powerfull little thing.Have'nt seen another since.

Those are oldies... but goodies. They weigh prolly around 10 pounds with just the power head...

Pretty cool saws Gary!:)

Gary
I just looked at my micros.Weights with a 12" bar,015 L ,
015E...10.4 LBS 015 av....11 IBS All models 1.96 cu in ,1.8 HP @ 8000 rpm

The 015L is a deluxe model it will have 0.2 to 0.3 more cc displacement then the 015.
LQ = Deluxe Model, Quick Stop Chain Brake
AV = Anti-Vibration
AVE = Anti-Vibration, Electronic Ignition
AVQ = Anti-Vibration, Quick Stop Chain Brake
Sweet looking saws the bar with the orange strips dates back to the late 60's early 70's. The 015 was introduced in 1973. IF they ever need a new home let me know I have other saw they can play with.
See Ya
Mike

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The 015L is a deluxe model it will have 0.2 to 0.3 more cc displacement then the 015...........Sweet looking saws the bar with the orange strips dates back to the late 60's early 70's. The 015 was introduced in 1973. IF they ever need a new home let me know I haqve other saw they can play with.
See Ya
Mike

HA!!! If they get lonely I will let you know. :D

Thanks for the model breakdown info, Mike.

Cool pics, I used to use 015's as climbing saws after I got fed up with those Homelite Super two's. The 015's were good little saws.

Here are few more versions of the 015. The rear handled version and one with a hedge / sickle bar attachment. I have the piece to make the hedge trimmer handle complete but that gets in the way of the spark plug to work ion it which is why it isn't on the saw.

The first older 015's when they first came out were all white, I think. I see them on e-bay once in awhile. There is also an 015 powerhead that fits onto a brushcutter attachment.

This gave me an opputunity to try out some some new lights for taking pics of saws but I see I need to work on the background stuff some more.

I saw a stihl timeline somewhere and there was a Contra. What does that mean exactly?

Mike, I have a siezed 015, its all white. Near perfect except for motor problemo.

What you got to trade??

I'll have to look around and see. Are you interested in a saw or something else?
See Ya
Mike

Contra/Lighning is same saw.
Named Contra here, Lightning in North Amerika.

I am not sure what else to say... Should be same as 070 if I remember correct, but my knollege of these is restricted by lack of interest....

Yup.. You read correct..

Stihl is not very high up on my list!

:P

I believe the 015s were made for Stihl by Solo, but my memory may be off......:/:

I think you mixed these with HVA 38VR that is a Solo production.

I belive 015 is thru and thru a Stihl production.

I know about the 38VR, and I believe there were another Husky one as well - but I didn't check before posting.

Edit; Oh yes, the Husky 32!

Back