Shizill Spider Plate

I've told ya'll before I'll give any groundie 20 bucks when they learn a bowline and clove hitch. So far, I've never had to pay up. I'll show them how to tie and they'll know how by the time I leave them, but the next time I see them they've forgotten how. I always tell them to take a piece rope home and practice while watching the tube, but they never do.

So true, Butch.

After a while, as crew members would come and go, I could usually tell within a couple of days if a new guy was going to make it. Most of them were just passing through to find something better anyway, and really didn't care. And you know? Most of them never found anything better.

Man, when I would get a good kid on the crew I was a real happy chappy. Far and few between though.

I like the idea of it, much stronger than a knot. Think it broke at 55kn. Shame it only suitable for 13mm rope!

I like the idea of it, much stronger than a knot. Think it broke at 55kn. Shame it only suitable for 13mm rope!

13 mm rope can meet most light-duty rigging requirements today. And the device appears it could extend the duty of light rigging.

All things considered in this discussion I think it is very good thing to have in your kit.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hey Paul, stick around and join the other conversations! We are always looking for new input, as we get tired of eachother sometimes :lol:

I think they are making one suitable for 14mm. I was thinking of trying a small DMM hub.

Back