Shelter logic tents...

flushcut

TreeHouser
I know some of you guys have them and I have one of their easy set up canopies for several years now. So how durable are they in long term sun exposure, snow load, and midwest weather in general? I just pulled the trigger on a 10'x20' for winter storage but I won't be able to put it up till this coming spring or fall.

Ive go two. Piggy backed to each other. Stupidy the first one i never bolted down so it blew over weekly. Its bent, but still fine. Cover has tears, but thats my fault.

The one up front i mounted on 16x16 cants. Gave me height and anchorage. For what they are they work fine. Covers last if you keep them tight. It handled a 30" storm as long as you tap the snow off the top.

Anchoring them is key. I can put one up myself in 1.5 hrs fyi.

Keeps the uv, snow, and rain off the new truck, chipper, mini, and some odds and ends.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    234.8 KB · Views: 70
Cants, that's a nice idea. Mafia blocks would be great but of course they are a lot more overall.

Mafia Blocks. :lol:

I've had mine for seven yrs and it is just starting to weep here and there. I think it is mostly condensation. That being said, let it breathe a lot and put something on the ground under your gear. Tarp,crushed stone, something. My 86 Softtail is now old chrome; Rust.

One of the neighbors had about a half dozen of those tents which of course he never tied down .A big wind came and there went about 4 of them into a corn field never to be seen again .They might heve blown clear north to Canada as far as I know .There sat all of his junk inside a pipe frame .They didn't work out so well for him .

Well logically speaking yes .The guy that let the tents blow away is not logical .He built a building out of junk material and never bothered to put a back wall in it .It was merely built to hid his junk from a view from the road .He must think I'm an idiot because he once told me he had a shovel head Harley that would run 150 MPH .Maybe going down Pikes Peak or some such thing or when cows fly .

Trampolines or patio umbrellas in trees are quite common in these parts .Although they don't end up in a tree glass top patio tables usually one time of getting flipped over by the wind usually does them in .

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I removed a small tin shed out of a tree once. It blew off the foundation flew about twenty feet to wrap itself around a white pine.

Mafia Blocks. :lol:

I've had mine for seven yrs and it is just starting to weep here and there. I think it is mostly condensation. That being said, let it breathe a lot and put something on the ground under your gear. Tarp,crushed stone, something. My 86 Softtail is now old chrome; Rust.

Its not a bad idea to open front and back doors when moist. That will let the air blow through. They do hold some heat in, so condensation is the result of rapid outside temperature change.

Ive been meaning to put tarps down underneath mine. Thanks for the reminder, even though there is 3/4" stone underneath.

Back