Saw collections

They look new, see to it they are kept in that condition even after beating the crap out of them.:D

Huh? you might have to put that in retard terms for me...

If your talking about beating them up... my 441 was sitting on a tailgate of a truck and we had to move that truck out of the way and the driver drove off with it on the back, i was not too happy..

Man, I have to get a few up of our collection. Maybe if this darn rain lets up this weekend I'll snap a few.

Also, any tips for cleaning saws that have been used in pines.

I suppose you could stick them in the dishwasher if you feel exceptionally brave .--or do like most of us ,blow them off with compressed air and forget about them .

Man, I have to get a few up of our collection. Maybe if this darn rain lets up this weekend I'll snap a few.

Also, any tips for cleaning saws that have been used in pines.

Use the red stuff STIHL sells in a trigger squeeze bottle. It works well to get pitch off the bar and chain.

Check out this Remington 660G (gear drive) I added to the collection today:

remington660_1g.jpg
remington660g_2.jpg

This thing weighs a ton!! Every time I move around some of these old beasts I just can't imagine spending all day or even part of the day running something this slow, loud, heavy, and with rigid handles.

Speaking of keeping the saws looking good, does anyone have any ideas for restoring the plastic on newer saws? There used to be a product for restoring ATV plastic, but I haven't found it yet.

This saw has made me thousands of dollars.....Still looks pretty good I think...

Attachments

• 100_2998 (800x600).jpg
    100_2998 (800x600).jpg
    360 KB · Views: 3
Yep, Dave, that is an 090. All these old big heavy saws stay on the floor since I don't have strong enough shelves for them on the wall!:)
Besides, the shelves are all full anyway!:lol:

IMG_2047.jpg

I remember a guy on another forum getting some plastic looking good again by wet sanding through several grades of paper to like 600 grit or so and then using plastic polish and a buffing wheel. It turned out really good, but I haven't tried it yet.

You can take something like D and L handcleaner and do a pretty good job .The Rocky special [The Pheonix ],038 Mag in the picture has a new air filter cover but the 038 AV is the original ,just cleaned up a tad .

Attachments

• Pheonix 002.jpg
    Pheonix 002.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 81
Finally grabbed a few shots of my 192T. A great little saw for the price I'm paying for it. (A free day of work for a friend got me half and creating our new website for our business gets me the other)

Still haven't cleaned it, but I'm going to try and get it cleaned up Friday or Sunday.

PS: I think you can click the pic to make it larger. At least I can on my computer.

Attachments

• IMG_0023.jpg
    IMG_0023.jpg
    299.4 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0025.jpg
    IMG_0025.jpg
    293.3 KB · Views: 5
Back