Running

Depends on when you go to bed, Deva. Your body needs sleep, for me, getting up at 5 would mean going to bed between 9-10.

azy4ydav.jpg

Weight loss this week? Not to speak of, I stopped my low carb diet last Thursday. I do notice my cardio capacity increasing fairly well. I did the same run this Thursday and the week before. This week my time was just shy of a minute/mile faster. Tonight's run was harder and longer and it's 37sec/mile faster than Thursday.

My BMI is 32.2, if you put stock in such things. 6'2" and 250lbs.

Haha you'd likely beat me arm wrestling.

Last time I weighed 185 I was 14-15 in 10th grade. With a hex bar after work one day I dead lifted 515lbs. I graduated high school around 220lbs.

17 in this picture. Guessing around 225.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351994743.725642.jpg

I'd like to get down in the 220-230 range, don't know how much I want it though.

Trust me, you're packing unnecessary poundage. As you age, hopefully, you'll realize that.

Here's 185...

30wxees.jpg

I'm too beautiful, lol! :lol:

I was never any good at running. I attribute it partially to being somewhat flat-footed. That, and a good, old-fashioned streak of laziness......:D

Just never could get into it. I tried with a friend of mine years ago who was in the Guard. He ran frequently, but when I went with him, I could tell I held him up.

I know I'm packing extra, but I have no desire to comply with BMG's definition of normal. I'd like to lose 20-30lbs of fat.

Then if you really want to, you will.

It's much more dependant upon diet, moreso than burning calories, as I hope you realize.

Sweet.

I'm overweight according to the BMI tables. Not much I can do, it seems. I've tried to lose a few more pounds, but it seems in vain. Oh well, I guess I'll just enjoy my flab.

That deadlift figure is pretty amazing Carl. 1.5x body weight is a good lift. 2x is very very good, and takes a fair bit of training. Anything over 2x is difficult to say the least.

The BMI scale is about as tough as it gets. You've gotta take it with a grain of salt. :drink:

How far do you consider the BMI to be accurate, Butch? I just googled Arnold from back in '85 when he was still in his prime, and it showed he was 5'10" and 250#, for a BMI of.....35.9! That's way past obesity. To be "normal", I've still gotta lose 5 pounds. I just ponder at what point it loses its accuracy at rating a person's weight. I don't feel overweight.

The BMI scale doesn't apply to bodybuilders. I had a BB friend in the Air Force that always had to prove he wasn't fat to keep from getting drummed out.

That's what I was getting at. I'm no bodybuilder, but at the same time, I'd be skin and bones to have a "normal" BMI.

I've never really weight trained. I stopped by to see the coach one afternoon and he asked me to pick it up.

To the best of my memory, I've never been able to bench press my weight.

My sophomore year for a short time I did go to the gym each morning, but without any discipline. They had a rack there that basically had a carriage on linear bearings. Turning the bar a quarter turn would lock the carriage in the next tooth. All that to say I squated 400lbs on that machine.

I am down to 178 from 195. been runing or riding at least three time a week
lift at least three times a week, which think really boosts metaboltism
205 on bench for me.....not trying to bulk up just maintain

ran 9 miles in 1:40 this morning....

staying motivated is still my biggest challenge.

Back