Rope Bridge replacement

For my TM, I just buy bulk Samson velocity 11mm...I like it better than the globe 3000 , it knots better in my IMHO

I just switched back to a rope bridge so I've been paying more attention to threads like this. There was just one on a Facebook group where they were talking about what kind of rope.....dyneema, vectran, polyester, etc. Its one of those things that can really cause huge problems if you pick the wrong rope. Kind of scary actually. My saddle came with Fly as the bridge. I would think something that is not core dependant would be best, but that's just my opinion.

You can buy the globe 3000 in bulk at trees stuff. Like 2 bucks a foot. Pay 12 dollars and have two bridges for the year. Solved!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You can buy the globe 3000 in bulk at trees stuff. Like 2 bucks a foot. Pay 12 dollars and have two bridges for the year. Solved!

I know, I ordered some. Just takes 5 days and I didn't feel like paying next day shipping if that other stuff would work. I thought I had extra on hand. I noticed some lumps in my bridge rope so got real nervous. Thankfully I have an extra saddle.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I just switched back to a rope bridge so I've been paying more attention to threads like this. There was just one on a Facebook group where they were talking about what kind of rope.....dyneema, vectran, polyester, etc. Its one of those things that can really cause huge problems if you pick the wrong rope. Kind of scary actually. My saddle came with Fly as the bridge. I would think something that is not core dependant would be best, but that's just my opinion.

That sounds like an interesting discussion! Too bad I don't have facebook...

I follow now climbhigh. I feel like any rope that's used in other bridge applications should be ok... Like velocity that was mentioned. I'd imagine most ropes could be used as a stop gap for a few days without danger. Seems like the 5000 is similar construction to the 3000, maybe a 48 vs 24 strand cover.

I agree about a cover dependent rope being ideal for a bridge application. 16 strand seems like a natural choice. That being said, Treestuff has a great price on the replacement bridge kit for the MCRS. I bet that would work well with the treemotion no?

Cheers

Back