Rock Exotica Dualcender

Adam_P

TreeHouse WebMaster
I'm thinking down the road I might pick one up. Anybody use/used one and have some feedback?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks Burnham, I'll send him a message if he doesn't see the thread.

Nick, to footlock of course. Again, your fault. :)

I was practicing today with a 10mm OP split tail I made.. tied a klemheist and went up a few locks. Sat back on it and it grabbed no sweat. Went up to about 30' and sat back on it again. This time it started slipping. I'm gonna just do a 6 wrap prussic with that but I'd like to give a dualcender a run too. Might be a happy birthday to me type thing next month..

I have a 10mm beeline and it works much better with a 3 wrap / 6 coil standard prussick than a kleimheist. Just my personal, while limited, experience.

In most other applications where you only need one direction of pull I think the kleimheist is the way to go.

That's the way it always is with friction hitches...the host line and the hitch cord have to work together, not all do with any particular hitch.

I always thought it would be nice, but have since had second thoughts. I have a petzl shunt that I considered using as well but never tried it, my beeline works fine I guess.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
That's another reason I'm thinking of going mechanical. The uni and sj stopped my endless search for the perfect cord/rope combo... yet here I go again..

One huge advantage to the dualcender is you can shift from footlock to hip thrust and back again...helps passing limbs and such.

I'm thinking down the road I might pick one up. Anybody use/used one and have some feedback?

Adam, I found one in the bottom of my bag. I tried it a couple of times, works great and it's looks like new but I just don't use it. It's yours if you want it, just pm me where to send it.

Dave

Back