rigging.com skill parallels

theTreeSpyder

TreeHouser
i always look to the sides/ to parallel industries working under same concepts for re-affirmations, different view of same gems, possible contradictions and why etc. sometimes bringing new focus, solutions etc.
Here i think they might even be talking about us as re-verberate quite concisely root concepts..! (rigging.com/learn.html for more)
****************************************************************************************************************************************
rigging.com/what-a-successful-rigger-knows.html (more)
  • How to determine a load's weight
  • How to determine a load's center of gravity
  • How to select proper sling and rigging hardware
  • The effect of sling angles
  • The proper methods of safe load securing
  • How to select proper hitches and their applications
  • Standard hand and voice signal communications
  • How to inspect rigging equipment
****************************************************************************************************************************************
rigging.com/a-good-riggers-skill-set.html(more)
  • The facility to strictly control the operation of equipment and loads
  • The intelligence to make correct judgments and decisions
  • The competence to choose the appropriate alternative
  • The aptitude to give full attention to instructions and commands
  • The expertise to use logic and reasoning
  • The ingenuity to develop and implement solutions to rigging problems
  • The patience to endure possible periods of inactivity between picks
rigging.com/center-of-gravity.html(more)

Simple Definitions
The center gravity of a load is the single point on the load at which it can be hoisted perfectly balanced. Some riggers like to think of it somewhat in reverse: it is the point at which all of a load's weight is concentrated. When performing a lift, they see it as counteracting this concentrated weight at exactly the right spot.

It Is Not Rocket Science
Learn_Center_of_Gravity_2.png
Learn_Center_of_Gravity_3.png
Learn_Center_of_Gravity_4.png

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Like a cook visiting several different kitchens and refocussing on the commonly shared strategies as more definitive i think, giving more order , focus and purpose by the re-affirmations of basic, over-riding concepts that can't be shaken off with just a change in venue etc.!
The Ancient Greeks brought together and formed a lot for us, that Romans took credit for as mirrored, tried to take credit for to point of over-writing as to make Greeks fade into history, like the did the Greek gods, science, math, parliament etc. Greeks found this counting thing in building , cooking, merchandising etc. and decided it was all the same and brought it together to make 1 study called Math; the fresh start re-defined all, took it further and birthed logic etc. So, in a smaller way like that; bringing together the similarities as 1 study for all, then evolve that.

Last edited:
I agree. i used to think physics was the basis for all science. Then realized physics as a science does not exist without math.

Back