Ramps and loading tracked mini-skid in chip box

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I definitely will have a dump trailer, but don't want to buy one too small, and not have the money up front. My intial thought is that if I"m hauling firewood, lay a log down, cut it in the trailer, leave on the side of the round, and roll off. the sides/ rear. I would much prefer pulling a lever.

I am in need to replacing both pick up and chip truck, too. As its NIckel and Dime, time. Gotta conserve resources and allocate money and credit wisely, along with preparing for best income generating strategies.

If you're running a 532dx which it sounds like you will be, i would buy the 7K ramps from TNE. They are aluminum and we use them all the time to load mini and other equipment into the back of an F550 works great. The only change I would consider would be to modify the ends of the ramps to make them positively engage so they can't slip off. Not that that has been an issue but it'd be a nice peace of mind assurance.

jp:D

Jon, what is your deck height on the 550?

Are you referring to the 7k ramps coming from Discountramps.com?

I would like to start with just ramps, if I can work it. It is the simplest, with least outlay, leaving me more to build into a dump trailer. I am considering a dump trailer with a flatbed dump, and leave the chipper and chip truck at home a lot more, coupled with the 30 yard end-dump grapple truck and my friend's smaller grapple truck.

Before I built my trailer unit I thought of a chip truck with a 3 1/2 ft gap between the box and cab. With folding ramps permanently mounted on the side I could then park the mini skid or stump grinder in that spot.

I definitely will have a dump trailer, but don't want to buy one too small, and not have the money up front. My intial thought is that if I"m hauling firewood, lay a log down, cut it in the trailer, leave on the side of the round, and roll off. the sides/ rear. I would much prefer pulling a lever.

I am in need to replacing both pick up and chip truck, too. As its NIckel and Dime, time. Gotta conserve resources and allocate money and credit wisely, along with preparing for best income generating strategies.

I can simplify those sentences. How about "One thing at a time"? :D

Sean. I wanted to bump this for you. My box is 59" inside height. It starts 6" in from the very back of the sides. (So you can stand up at the end and not duck).

Anyways. There is, no exaggeration, 1/2" of space between the top of the control station grab on the boxer, to the top of the box. I actually have to grab the handles down at where they come through the panel to operate them backwards. Just a FYI before you spend a grand And think your gonna load into your chip truck

I was actually planning on rebuilding my top so it's not a big deal. I believe you'd have to modify yours to get it in there

Sean. I wanted to bump this for you. My box is 59" inside height. It starts 6" in from the very back of the sides. (So you can stand up at the end and not duck).

Anyways. There is, no exaggeration, 1/2" of space between the top of the control station grab on the boxer, to the top of the box. I actually have to grab the handles down at where they come through the panel to operate them backwards. Just a FYI before you spend a grand And think your gonna load into your chip truck

I was actually planning on rebuilding my top so it's not a big deal. I believe you'd have to modify yours to get it in there

Its a Southco box with a big beam across the top of the back. Its probably too much work to modify it. I'm going to remeasure. I was using a 3' tape measure, and need to double-check my addition. Thanks, Brendon.

Back