Pulling Teeth

bonner1040

Nick from Ohio
It isnt timelapse and it didnt belong in the tree felling vids:

For your enjoyment. Quick, just a minute.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/c73pJ0DLIug" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nice work. I was thinking you had somebody's kid in a tree and used negative blocking to pull a silly little tooth.:lol: now that I think about it though, my son has a few loose teeth ready for the pullin.:/:

Interesting approach. I think you should leave them out there. They look to make excellent tumbleweeds, which are cool.

Why use a HC, is it retired?

I was wondering about that, too.

And aluminum carabiners.

I've pulled countless hedges up like that. Just grab a bundle at a time and pull.
With Dyneema you get less recoil when they pop out of the ground.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Our main winch line is Dyneema (5/16 Amsteel), we had to add some length of rigging line with the backyard ones hence the rocket shots... The ones in the front didnt do that, way less entertaining.

I dont know why Mike chose to use a Hitchclimber, I suggested using something different but I guess he uses that one for rigging... :? Aluminum carabiners are pretty much the norm for us, we use some of the ISC Big Dan's which I really like but I only have one personally and it was already in use for the 2nd redi...

It wasnt anything special but it was definitely a step forward in my editing and production, combining the different shots to tell a story: Objective, rigging, power up botton, winch handle, drum spinning, taut winch line, etc... I make the videos as more of a hobby than a demonstration of anything 'groundbreaking'...

Thanks for giving feedback, and of course for checking it out!

i definetly noticed the different shots to tell a story, the spinning winch drum caught my eye.

Or if you don't have any of those things handy, a groundie will do in a pinch.

Back