Powerlines

Yeah Popper, looking at resumes and talking to people on the phone are a poor substitute for an interview face-to-face. Even an interview is often just a big BS session. Showing up at the shop with gloves and a hardhat willing to do anything, that is a different story. . . Start at the bottom, and keep your ideas to yourself at first. Competence will show through, and eventually you will get exactly what you want.

By the way, do you have your own saws and or rigging gear? didn't catch it earlier.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I have one saw rear handle saw, a rock climbing harness that I added padding to, a climbing line, and a rigging line, portawrap, I've made a friction saver, I'm working a cheap rigging point. Spurs (with crappy pads) and an adjustable flip line I put together.

So to answer your question. Yes lol.

I've always hated online applications and phone interviews. I'd rather walk into a place and say, "hey can I talk to a manager?"

Walk in and ask if you can show them that you can tie a bowline, running bowline, clove hitch, girth hitch, and sheet bend, behind your back.

3ebd8d8903934731f11473b1b7802ef0.jpg
...Buy it, read it, read it, read it, practice it, practice it.

Yeah Popper, looking at resumes and talking to people on the phone are a poor substitute for an interview face-to-face. Even an interview is often just a big BS session. Showing up at the shop with gloves and a hardhat willing to do anything, that is a different story. . . Start at the bottom, and keep your ideas to yourself at first. Competence will show through, and eventually you will get exactly what you want.

By the way, do you have your own saws and or rigging gear? didn't catch it earlier.

:thumbup: Wise stuff. Plus what Butch said. Can't fail. Not just wearing people down with your persistence (although, if that didn't work, it wouldn't be parabolic) but letting your persistence prove your passion. People just get to a point where they start thinking, "This guy really is so devoted, that I'd be dumb NOT to hire him." And they'd be right.

I have gotten a job in the past for that very reason. Persistence

Grendel, why do you ask if I have gear? Just curious.

Of course. Not that I get to use it very often. But still. You should see some of the jerry rigging ive done that works. Lol. Ill make some more videos soon.

Just a word of advice...

Do your best to show the safe side of treework, PPE and all that.

YouTube is full of all that other stuff.

So I tried this morning with a turn down. Oh well. On to the next i guess. The said he would have appreciated a phone call. I guess all people are different.

Yeah, hang in there.... not quite the busy season yet. Man, I'm telling you... if you'd a gone in there mid-August... you'd a probably been dragging brush by mid-morning. :lol:

That was great. He(?) was lucky. The primary that got me years ago didn't let go for a few seconds. Now when around power I become a safety nazi. The guys tell me I'm a complete asshole when working around lines. I was lucky enough to walk away once. I'd rather not tempt fate again. The thing that sets me off the most is when they walk toward the truck when I'm splitting phases. They can't grasp that I can be fine in the boom but the truck could be juiced.

Back