Polydyne - Dynasorb

bonner1040

Nick from Ohio
After reading Squishers thread on rigging lines, It seems likes the Husky, Stable Braid, and Polydyne ropes seem like good choices.

I am really interested in the energy absorption of the Dynasorb/Polydyne products. Who here has experience with them?

My worry is that in certain situations where you are trying to fit large limbs in tight spots sometimes you cant let the rope run. If you hold it tight does the rope stretch enough that its a problem.

I understand there are a ton of variables but in a normal rigging situation, say 50' or so to the rigging limb at what kind of load do see dramatic stretch?

How does it handle in natural crotches? I generally set a block for TD's but there are always times when it makes sense to flip it to a different spot.

Is it an everyday rigging line? Or just a specialty thing? I would be looking at the 1/2" 10,500lb line.
http://wesspur.com/rope/yale-polydyne-rope.html
Also considering the 5/8" @ 18,000lb for a bull rope.

Thanks,

Nick

I use Dynasorb as a burn line, (natural crotch rigging). For the most part it works well. There is a bit of stretch in it. You need to recognize when you dont have room for that stretch and change out to another rope.

...My worry is that in certain situations where you are trying to fit large limbs in tight spots sometimes you cant let the rope run. If you hold it tight does the rope stretch enough that its a problem.

This is exactly when you SHOULDN'T use it. You can if you know how it will react, but compared to the other ropes you mentioned, this rope has stretch. That's the point. It's not a bungee cord, but it is noticeable.

love
nick

Back