Places you've ran a saw

• Thread starter Gord
  • Start date
  • Replies 51
  • Views 6K
In the kitchen of a mobile home, cutting chunks about 4 feet long off a pine that a tornado ran through the roof...we used a small crane to lift them out thru the hole in the roof. Only had one piece fall back thru and hit the refrigerator...oops.

Also used a chainsaw to cut up a beaver dam before...threw lots of mud and water around. Beavers built it back overnight.

obviously in the chipbox, When I was crabbing in the mid nineties I cut up most of the basement stairs in our house, because my roommate had gone nuts in my bedroom with a weedwacker. I really miss all the stupid things that would go down after we got back from the NE Pacific.:evil:

Well.... Katy wanted a pass through from the kitchen to the living room. This spot will someday have a wet bar in it if I have my way.
So as I was putting the house together, I decided after a few beers and some paint fumes to make her pass through... So with 200t in hand .... Here ya go ;)
Oh yeah.. I did find a few nails on the way through.
Also... Bar oil flung everywhere... :lol::lol:

Attachments

• Passthrough.JPG
    Passthrough.JPG
    398.6 KB · Views: 5
She came home to it that day. Sort of surprised her with it. Just had enough time to clean up the oil, slap on some dry wall, tape and spackle. Oh yeah, and sober up a little.. LOL So she had some idea of the finished product before paint anyway :D

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
When you mentioned that beaver dam Gary it reminded me that I had a job to cut apart a bunch of eagle nests once, that was a weird one.

Gord, really? thats usually the opposite of what fish and game wants you to do...

i cut some log/brush jams in a creek once also, tied into a tree since it was a swift spot. water sure takes alot of power out of a saw. also torn walls out in a remodel several times

I started an 084 with a 42" bar, in a Tavern and cut 2 tables in half once... it was about 1am... :lol:

But Rotax Robert has me beat in the "saw started in a Tavern" deal... he started up the Predator in a tavern once... :thumbup:

Gary

Rotax, the missing man. :(
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JTtp3uzI3bk&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JTtp3uzI3bk&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/V1Poas-f828&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/V1Poas-f828&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I dismantled an entire pole barn with one once. That in and of itself isn't that odd, other than the the fact that the replacement pole barn had already been built around it and my buddy and I were deaf as posts and high as kites from the sound and the fumes. That was in high school, so all we cared about was the $100 we were each getting.

Strangest place?

Studio 1 in Kristianstad city's radio station.

The girl there was shaking in the chair from the wonderful singing of a McCulloch Super 33!

:D

Does inside a redwood count? We gutted out a stump and made a shanty out of it. Fumes were so bad the saw started sputtering. Had to take breaks just to breath, but it turned out cool.

I've run'em inside a few times for home destruction I really try not to now .... but that scene in "Sometimes a Great Notion" is pretty much unbeatable ! I love the way Paul Newman handled the saw , as well as the union boss !

I removed a palm in the office of the Dean of Education at Western Illinois University while I was campus arborist there. It may have disrupted classes for a few minutes. Also a few takedowns in the campus greenhouse.

Forestry Club members here at school use various saws without chains as noise makers at school hockey games in the Lumberdome. The Lumberjacks just won their 3rd consecutive National Junior College Athletic Assn. championship at Saranac Lake, NY on Sunday, March 1, with wins over Monroe CC and Erie CC of New York. Evidently the noise makers work. We will have to get the big 2 man Mercury/Disston out next year for a game. It has no muffler, just 3/4 in straight pipes.

Back