Photography Contest / Redwood Coast area

mdvaden

Treehouser
Heard that there's a photography contest in Del Norte county annually near the Harbor. Decided to give a shot at entering 4 images this autumn. 4 is the limit, and it was a trip trying to narrow-down which 4 to go with. One customer today, who has bought two of my 20x30 prints suggested a water reflection image, and that may be a good idea.

Here are the 4 images I hope to enter. It's merely a matter of whether I can get down there to leave them, and that shouldn't be too difficult.

Smith_2_1200.jpg

K_20x30_Edit_D.jpg

Redwood_Version_B_Sharp_x2.jpg

Jen_Log_A_600.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Excellent choices! Could you fedex them?

I figured out a way so they don't have to be rolled in tubes. I only sell them 20 x 30 inches. I decided that I can sandwich them between foam board with a very thin ... not even 1/4" thick ... plywood to prevent buckling. Haven't found the exact shipping yet. But can't imagine its greatly more than a big shipping tube. Will weigh more of course.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
What harm does rolling do?

Fine art prints that are signed or numbered are sometimes hung from the top in a frame and drape down. The less curl and the more flat the photo, the better. If mounted to a board, no real issue.

Just went to get a 20 x 30 test print of the woman in the water a short while ago, and stopped by UPS just to see what shipping would be flat. Found that, say Florida, would be $20 shipping. Not bad. Rolled in a tube would be at least half that much.

The forks of the Smith River!! It's a suicide shot. I've wanted to shoot that angle on the forks for years but could never manage the gumption to do it.

Very minimal tolerances for safety to capture that shot. But if you love photography you'll risk it. My hats off to Mario for capturing it. Terri and I have the image on our wall and fully appreciate the work of the artist and the natural wonder that he captured. It's magnificent!

Thanks, Mario

Back