Petzl Navaho Sit Fast

• Thread starter Lou
  • Start date
  • Replies 26
  • Views 9K
Forget it, since I'm not talking about deforming anything beyond maybe less than half the thickness of one thread, but since you guys are so particular, I withdraw my suggestion. :(

Yeah, you squeeze it together so it gets metal fatigue, that's right! Sheeeeeet.....

You misunderstand my objection, Jay. I wouldn't be concerned in the least about weakening the screwlink. But I have personal experience with trying to re-align a screwlink that has been tweaked...it's hard as hell to get it right. So I wouldn't do it the way you suggest, but not for any concerns about compromising the connector.

OK, Burnham, I do appreciate the clarification. Not sure which one Lou is using there, but it appears to be the one that has four or five thousand pounds of tensile strength, so static loading it so it deflects such a tiny amount..... My method does deflect one side outward a bit, alignment could be a problem if you overdid it. It would be easy enough to mess up. I use a screw link with the rope grab, never wrench it, and I do like how the nut turns under some tension now, as opposed to more easy spinning. Different strokes....

Back