No TreeHouse? Where do you go?

Me too. The Tree House is my home on the net.

I go to the Buzz every once in a great while, just to catch up on any ultra-technical carp I might've missed out on <yawn>.

facebook, UBC Hortboard, here, seldom to TB anymore (just spent about 5 minutes there looking at a thread that was totally dominated by an asshole troll that no one seems to be doing anything about, so I left, as usual, sorry Tom D.) and thats about it.

TH and TB are my home pages.

Other than that I hang out here http://www.fishingminnesota.com

I have posted there only a few times, but read quite a bit. It has subforums based on location and lake names and one can usually get a good idea how the fishing is or was.

Before I venture out, I read up to see how the action has been.

i hit the top 3 tree forums, (keep meaning to extend to Steve's). Also Knot Tyer's Guild; help on a Knot Wiki i visit a Flash forum too, by a guy so good he has tapes at Lynda.Com; and Adobe(who bought out the Macromedia Flash, Fireworks, Dreamweaver to add to Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat for quite some power) has just picked him up full time. That is when i'm bored in my free time/ when i'm not going to school, serving an internship for computer networking and doing trees until dark and on weakends (even lately Sundaze/ bad voodoo!!) trying to keep up.

Treehouse, Treebuzz, AS a little, and now and then The Leatherwall(stickbow.com), Paleo planet and Tradgang (all Trad archery and bowhunting sites)

I posted a thread about the TCC on the Buzz. I was surprised to learn that a BUNCH of the climbers at our TCC are lurkers on the Buzz. I dunno why they don't join....except for the fact that there are great posters already there re. new techniques and then a percentage of jerks who jump all over people...so why bother.

There are other internet site's:?

I will peruse the Buzz now and then and have a look at Steve's place too.

But mostly I stay caught right up here and at Chainsawperformance and I've been researching stuff at snowplowing-contractors.com.

I only go here and to a pregnancy website that has a birth board (all women who had babies in the same month) I enjoy. I barely have time for that though these days.

I go to several that aren't connected to trees,logging,chainsaws etc.One deals with old Caterpillars and several on machining methods,a few on metal work and of course E-Bay.I also go to several that are comprised of old u-boat sailors such as myself.

I might add for those interested in souping up saw engines that sites dealing with RC models have some very enlightening tips about two cycle engines.

Actually a person can find just about any subject under the sun on the internet if you look hard enough.

Frans will hate this, but I go here every day, sometimes more than once:
http://www.keysso.net/arrests/arrest_list.htm Every now and again, it lets me know who is not coming in to work :whine: The site also lets you know where the cops are going, like if you hear the sirens going by, you can check what is going on.

Other than the TreeHouse, I mostly go to island forums, places that I think I might want to visit. Eleuthera, Abaco, Cuacao, St. Kitts....just dreaming. Trip advisor is a great place to get information on traveling.

I only go here and to a pregnancy website that has a birth board (all women who had babies in the same month) I enjoy. I barely have time for that though these days.

My wife moderates one of those sites...

Either here,AS or woodsracer.com.I also spend a good bit of time studying maps of different peices of hunting land on-line.

Frans will hate this, but I go here every day, sometimes more than once:
http://www.keysso.net/arrests/arrest_list.htm Every now and again, it lets me know who is not coming in to work :whine: The site also lets you know where the cops are going, like if you hear the sirens going by, you can check what is going on.

There is a site like that for this area.When my wife is working I check it from time to time sometimes to see if she's nailed anyone.Sometimes I can tell what kinda mood she's gonna be in when she comes home by what's happening on there.I used to have a scanner and listen all night,but that kept me stressed out...Sorry for the double post,I couldn't figure out how to combine the two.

I guess this is the only 'social' site I'm involved with anymore, with winter coming I may visit the AS archives.....but not often anymore and only for information, not chit-chat.

I mostly use the internet like my own personal library. No matter what question I have I can almost always find a quick answer. If it gets any slower for me though, it will be quicker to drive into town and find a book on the subject.

Treehouse
TreeBuzz
Arbtalk

Yotatech.com
Pirate4x4.com
thedieselgarage.com
forums.mtbr.com
freestylemtx.com

I'm members on quiet a few, but Treehouse and TB are visited multiple times daily. The others ones are used for reference and when I have a problem with a vehicle, or just plain bored.

Back