New truck help!!!

Matdand what do you use to hold the tarp up? I tried schedule 80 PVC pipe and had it snap after a short time. (Not in cold or freezing weather either. )

You can add a patch where it wears pre or post easily. Big fan of tarps vinyl especially. 22 oz wears well. My bows have a sliding bit to expand. Go to truck vinyl peeps. Prime and paint your wood. Invest in some marine grade paint it look good and last much longer IMG_20150403_141809.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Merle, that's not my truck, I just took pics. Not sure what the metal is, definetly not heavy duty, but it's only supposed to hold the tarp. I wouldn't chip on the tarp, would probably wear real fast. Would most likely chip on the alu in the back or the wooden side, maybe line them with some thick rubber or something, not sure yet.

Thanks matdand.

What is puck board?

I put a layer of 1/8 rubber up front to protect plywood and paint from my Bandit 65 chips. Put another 1/4" sheet of rubber behind that when I bought a harder throwing Bandit 90XP.

Thought I might try the think hard plastic agricultural board material next time around. (Brendon ? used it on a truck.)

Farmtek sells it. Pretty cheap and bombproof. My entire box is polymax stuff from farmtek, took the idea off treesandsurf. It is a steel exoskeleton.

Oh, must have been pictures of your truck I remember. Think I will order some of that next time. Plywood and paint only last so many years. When I googled HDPE I saw Tap Plastics has it but they recomend a marine grade for exterior use. I will bet "Farm" equals cheeper than "Marine."

Jon posted a big write up of his build... Here is my ride. This is right after completion, pre-signage. If I remember right, was about 50 bucks a sheet.

Merle- It's been awesome so far, no problems at all. Only minor annoyance is when attaching to the steel frame, certain areas left gaps that chip/dust escape from. Used some gutter flashing and adhesive to minimize that... Also, it expands slightly with hot and cold weather, which allowed some of said gaps. Other than that, it is perfect for what we do. Holds about 12 yds loaded and pulls my 150xp no problem and under weight. Also has storage :thumbup:

Back