New to me, not new :)

Thing in Vermont IS overgrown pastures , Sheep have come and gone mostly , Dairy Herds (or even Beefers) sure ain't big money. Yep , it's lack of critters that make D.R. success

pave-the-planet.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You guys :D...I must have a little more steam in my boiler than the run of the mill old dude with an artificial hip :P.

I haven't have any trouble working the DR All-Terrain for a 2-3 hours at a whack.

Now understand...I'm whacking mostly high pasture grass and blackberry brambles. If I needed to go up against a thicket of 2 inch diameter tree stems on a 25% slope, which the beast is fully capable of handling...well, that would be a bit more difficult on this old man, undoubtedly ;).

Either way, vitamin I rules :D.

And Stephen...yeah, I totally have that on the in and out for the diff, as needs be. When I got it, you couldn't get it to shift in or out of the diff lock...but I fixed that with some cleaning, adjustments, and lubrication.

I was fortunate to receive an operators manual with the DR (though I also found it readily available as a download online). It's a good, thorough book on maintenance and adjustments.

That'd be great, Butch. Then I wouldn't need to add that drink holder for my beer...you could hold both of ours :D.

You nutter, Butch :lol:...I'm sure you know better than that by now, over these many years :). I don't generally take supervision all that well in general, and if it is attempted at any distant remove, I'm pretty much impervious to it.

:P;)

Rather like you, now that I consider it :).

Oh and B. Buy yourself an extra set of cables. Like for the dif, throttle....... Keep em on the shelf. Mine was the 17 horse. Tad heavier. If you wear through the runners under the deck, some concrete form flat steel stakes weld on nice and hold up. Heavy duty blade is a must, and so is the angle grinder to sharpen in a pinch. I bought the string head for mine to run in dry grass. The heavy line they sell is ok, but a size smaller works a treat. Diamond line.
Oh, and the drive belt. Buy some link belt to keep on hand. Easier fix, don't need to drop the workings ;)

Thanks, Stephen. Good advice. I actually have both types of blades, though the brush blade has seen much better days. So far the work I'm asking of it is well suited to the mower blade.

Back