Need pointers for tuning

PCTREE

Treehouser
OK so I have a Tanaka drill that I want to tune up and get more torque and power out of. I pulled the screens out of mufler but the carb has no adjuster screws on it. It only has 24cc. would porting it help or can I put a bigger jug on it???

Any ideas appreciated

I'd avoid doing any muffler mods on any machine with a fixed jet carb (no adjustment screws). Either buy a different carb or buy another brand of machine with an adjustable carb. Otherwise you won't be able to feed it enough fuel to accomodate any performance mods, and it will run lean and burn up.

OK so I have a Tanaka drill that I want to tune up and get more torque and power out of. I pulled the screens out of mufler but the carb has no adjuster screws on it. It only has 24cc. would porting it help or can I put a bigger jug on it???

Any ideas appreciated
Tweeking a little two cycle engine is not the same as cranking more power out of a Chevy 350 ---because they don't just randomly make larger cylinders for them . What you have is what you have .

Not to be the bearer of bad news but you would do better using a 1/2" electric drill and a generater than that thing .

Unscrew the spark plug and slide a nice, functional, bigger engine under it and retorque. Should perk right up.

Back