ms200t carb removal

pete mctree

Treehouser
Dean, a friend, who lives a mile or so from me, posted this vid over on arbtalk. thought it would be worth sharing
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/duomigDd2Ug?fs=1&hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/duomigDd2Ug?fs=1&hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

That's the way mine is. It's really simple I must say, I don't know why people make it so hard!
I do use the needle nose to put the fuel line on, I find it's easier, you just have to be careful not to tear the line.

MS290 I was working on had tank breather like that.

Very good video.

Learned that through trial and error one winter. Had to do it in the cab of the boom truck because it was -25c and the fingers became useless after they froze outside. We couldn't figure why the fuel filter kept icing up. We were hanging our mixed gas with the spout on at the back of the truck where all sorts of precipitation and sawdust had found it's way in. Seems pretty obvious and stupid in retrospect but I'm sure I took that carb off and apart at least three times one morning. Of course, the idle and hi/low settings were also completely out of wack after thinking that we were gonna fix the performance issues screwing around with them.

Getting the recoil back together was another hard lesson I can remember learning but the worst thing to put back together was the handle assembly. I'm sure I had no business going in there and I remember by the time I had it open enough to see inside everything was already disconnected and in a pile. Took eight beers before I finally figured that one out.

:lol: When I got that first 200T from a fine gent in Calfornia it was partly diassembled but all the parts were there .It took me about an hour the figure out where all the pieces went .

Back