Motocross

brendonv

Tree Hugger
Anyone ride? I saw a couple new guys with bikes in their avatars...

What do ya ride?

Here's the new bike, 2008 Honda CRF450r. The bike is insane.

Also is my ride for picking up the lady's, late 60's Benelli Buzzer.

Attachments

• Bike 003.jpg
    Bike 003.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 13
  • Bike 004.jpg
    Bike 004.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 13
Not MX, but dual sport I do.

My 07 TW200 Yamaha and 08 TE610 Husky:D

Attachments

• IMG_1378 (Small).JPG
    IMG_1378 (Small).JPG
    66.2 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_1514 (Small).JPG
    IMG_1514 (Small).JPG
    72.9 KB · Views: 111
Dual sport for me as well. I'm on my second KLR-650 because some lady going the wrong way down a one way forced me to lay the first one down...hard!

Pictured below is my 2004 KLR-650 (photo is from the add). Just put it on the road this week and with all the extras I've added, its a much nicer ride.

Guys with short legs will find it to be on the tall side but its just fine for me!

HC

Attachments

• 2004 KLR-650.JPG
    2004 KLR-650.JPG
    142.9 KB · Views: 12
i ride in old german moto - mz ts250/1

but in this summer I'll have K750 - lovely soviet moto :)

Attachments

• k7502.jpg
    k7502.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 11
  • k7501.jpg
    k7501.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 11
crf 450 x. I'm a trail rider mostly. Here in idaho you don't have to touch the street if'n you don't want to. Although today I was out jumping and fooling around on some tracks. Most times I am all for a nice 80 mile loop in the desert or the mountains in the middle of summer.

1988 ATK 406MX.

A loud, vibrating, tourqe monster... but fun to ride...

Rotax air cooled engine... left side kickstart. Miss the compression stroke when you are kicking it over... she'll kick back. Rear brake is on the countershaft at the front sproket... so if you break or derail a chain... you got no rear brake...

Ya gotta be crazy or stupid to ride this thing... I might be a little of both... :lol:

Gary

Attachments

• 1988 ATK 406MX 010.jpg
    1988 ATK 406MX 010.jpg
    180.2 KB · Views: 11
  • 1988 ATK 406MX 009.jpg
    1988 ATK 406MX 009.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 1988 ATK 406MX 005.jpg
    1988 ATK 406MX 005.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 11
  • 1988 ATK 406MX 003.jpg
    1988 ATK 406MX 003.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 11
  • 1988 ATK 406MX 001.jpg
    1988 ATK 406MX 001.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 10
Gotta 250f I cant sell for the life of me thats almost new - no people to ride with or much time to ride. Used to have 5 acres with a track on it. Raced 60's, 80's, and 125's. Also raced 50's at the "pit bike nationals". Done lots of stupid things on sportbikes I shouldnt have lived through too. I miss riding ALOT. Climbing is an ok outlet but a nice loamy mx track is where I would like to be!

Yeah Wally... that thing is a beast. :thumbup:

Got a paddle tire for it too... it is a kick in the ass in the sand!

Gary

I seem to remember riding one of those large displacement smokers when I was a kid. I think it was a cr 500 though. They are nice bikes to keep around for sure. Looks super clean and I bet its a blast to ride. In the dunes and hill climbing it probly goes with the best of them, even by todays standards.

Yeah Pete... it holds it's own pretty well... It acts like a 4 stroke more than a 2 stroke. It has a very smooth pull, once on the pipe... and I can lug it down on trails and have yet to foul a plug... It's like riding a John Deere tractor on the trails... lots of power on the bottom. I had to stiffen the suspension up a tad since I am a pretty big dude... but I don't take many jumps and stuff anymore... so it's just fine for me.

My only complaint is the vibrations... After riding for more than 2 hours my hands start to go numb. I used to suffer from arm pump way back when... but that doesn't even compare to your hands actually going numb from vibes...

When I show up to a place to ride I usually get a small crowd eveytime I unload the bike from the truck that ask a ton of questions... It's a pretty fun old bike to own. :)

Gary

Yeah Pete... it holds it's own pretty well... It acts like a 4 stroke more than a 2 stroke. It has a very smooth pull, once on the pipe... and I can lug it down on trails and have yet to foul a plug... It's like riding a John Deere tractor on the trails... lots of power on the bottom. I had to stiffen the suspension up a tad since I am a pretty big dude... but I don't take many jumps and stuff anymore... so it's just fine for me.

My only complaint is the vibrations... After riding for more than 2 hours my hands start to go numb. I used to suffer from arm pump way back when... but that doesn't even compare to your hands actually going numb from vibes...

When I show up to a place to ride I usually get a small crowd eveytime I unload the bike from the truck that ask a ton of questions... It's a pretty fun old bike to own. :)

Gary

Hey Gary check these bad boys out. http://fasstco.com/products/flexx.shtml
I don't know if they would be worth the extra cost but I've heard good things about them and have seen people run them. They are great for vibes.

Pete

Those are some cool ass bars Pete... :thumbup: But at $330 a pop... I'll stick with the bars that are on the bike... I don't ride enough anymore to buy those.

The pipe is cracked in 2 places... so I gotta drop about 200 bones for a new one of those soon too...

But I still enjoy the big ol' monster. :)

Gary

My buddy had a YZ490 that we use to trade off on at times. He is like you Gary about 6'5" he could really toss that bike around, I used to just hang on for dear life.:D

Used to MX a cr 250 and a husky 250 witha 360 cylinder on it. Would luv to have a bike again but job and kids and................ you guys know the story. The Maico 490 was an awsome bike the throttle was like a reo-stat how fast ya wanna go. Put in third gear and race. Enough torque to pull ya thru the corners and enough speed for tight tracks.

Used to scream around on a KX 250 and also had a big ol' Yamaha XT 500.....wicked. Good mate had a YZ 490, which I seemed to recall resulted in him shattering his heel. Those crazy bike days are long gone now though I'm afraid, too busy, lacking funds, you know...... :cry:

Used to MX a cr 250 and a husky 250 witha 360 cylinder on it. Would luv to have a bike again but job and kids and................ you guys know the story. The Maico 490 was an awsome bike the throttle was like a reo-stat how fast ya wanna go. Put in third gear and race. Enough torque to pull ya thru the corners and enough speed for tight tracks.

Ahhh... the Maico 490. That is quite possibly the craziest thing ever invented on 2 wheels. As a matter of fact the guy that I bought the ATK from had one prior to the ATK...

A little story on the Maico... We were out ridin' the powerlines in the Carbonado area... I was on a 1981 Yammaha YZ 125 at the time (prolly around 13 years old), my dad was on a 1975 Honda CR 250 Elsinore (another bad ass bike), and Steve was ridin' the Maico 490... we crossed a creek and into a huge mudpit washout... My dad got through, and myself and Steve were mired up to the axles in the slop...

We dug my bike out and basically carried it to the edge of the mud pit. Steve went back to the Maico and jumped on... kicked 'er over and wound it up... put it in first and dumped the clutch... Instead of a big roostertail of mud and being a hero... the massive power and torque of that big cc engine ripped the spokes right out of the rim on the rear tire. It was freakin' amazing.

I would love to have one... :thumbup:

Gary

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Some cool stories here.

Me and my buddies had some graphics made up in memory of our lost pal, threw them on today along with the race numbers. :D

Attachments

• graphics 001.jpg
    graphics 001.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 10
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Amateur Gary. Black-novice, Yellow-Amateur, White-Expert.

It fit to make the graphics for him. Before he passed, him, his mother, and I were talking one night what his next graphic design would be. He was really into Nazi Germany and stuff like that and threw around the idea of bomber airplanes headed to a fight. We found a bomber seen (actually on his myspace account) and fit that for the background. Seemed to us it can't get any better than that.

Attachments

• oneindyback.jpg
    oneindyback.jpg
    369 KB · Views: 9
Pretty cool Brendon. :)

Out here the yellow background is "Open Class"...

I was planning on racing a few hare scrambles and the like... and any bike over 400cc's is Open Class... so I was gonna have to change the background to yellow.

But I haven't been ridin' much... gotta wait for my back to get a little stronger.

Maybe next year. :thumbup:

Gary

Back