More Avenue of the Giants

gf beranek

Old Schooler
Well, on 1/11/09 Terri and I took the morning to hike through the groves along the Avenue of the Giants. And here is just a little of what we found.

The south fork of the eel was perfect color for steelhead fishing, as there were a lot of drift boats working the pools and riffles.

Attachments

• south fork eel.jpg
    south fork eel.jpg
    261.7 KB · Views: 55
  • blair grove.jpg
    blair grove.jpg
    384.1 KB · Views: 55
  • blair grove twins.jpg
    blair grove twins.jpg
    361.7 KB · Views: 56
  • hamilton bar goose.jpg
    hamilton bar goose.jpg
    370.2 KB · Views: 56
  • lansdale vertical.jpg
    lansdale vertical.jpg
    379 KB · Views: 55
  • poised to fall 2.jpg
    poised to fall 2.jpg
    369.7 KB · Views: 55
  • pesula road dub.jpg
    pesula road dub.jpg
    375.5 KB · Views: 52
WOW, it always amazes me to see trees that big. One day I hope to see one up close!!!

Looks like they've seen a forest fire or two in their day.

Very cool!!!

HC

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
In the meantime and next couple of months you will have a gander at the biggest and meanest trees along the avenue. All courtesy of digital photography and the internet,,, and too, Terri and me.

Jerry, I started a stock trading account a couple weeks ago with the last of my savings account. In a year or two I'm going to take some of my profits and take a trip out there to see those trees in person. Hopefully you will be kind enough to show me around. :)

im always impressed by how the road goes back and forth around the trees, blacktop right up to the trunks and grooves 12-14' up where truckers have ruined box trailers:D

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I can do that for you, Brian. It would take some planning on both our parts to manage. And I know it would be fun showing you all these views up close and personal.

Jerry, ever thought about being a payed guide to the "big trees"? Don't know if that would interest you or not, but I think there would sure be a lot of folks who would want to take advantage of your expertise. Got to be some hassle involved in that too, however.

Hey GB
ever go out towards HoneyDew, a couple years back some biggins broke
(co doms), i remember seeing them but we were on the canoe creek fire and didnt have time to stop and look, havent had time to go back but it was real pretty

Back