Mod shop near Ohio? Need work on ms460 and 200t

Eric has stepped up and offered to help me a time or two as well, I've never taken him up on any of these offers. I've just heard too many stories about how some of these deals go wrong!
Welcome Andrew, It's a different world here, these are REAL professionals that can and do post pics and videos of what they do day in and out. Not educational BS to impress newbies and HO's!

I think often times there are things that happens behind the scenes on some forums or in fact with some so called builders the general public is not fully aware of .

Unfortunately often participaters on those certain forums become type casted as being the problem .I for example put the blame on several of those forums I became disenchanted with exactly where it belongs and that is with the administration of same .

The members only participate but they don't run the show .So that's my take on that where ever that may apply .

Now also along the same lines I've found that if so called builders are running the show almost every other person who does soup up work on saws becomes treated as a moron .
Nothing could be farther from the truth .The internet is what it is--the internet .;)

I think that contributes to why a lot of guys do their own port work.
Well maybe in some cases .However in mine and many others we just figured it's too damned easy to do no matter how some might think it's rocket science which it isn't .Enough on that though ,if it feels good do it if not pass it up .:)

Well I contacted Walker, and great outdoors gave me Erics info. I tried to contact timberwolf, sent him a PM but no response. If anyone has his info I would give him a call...

Brian? Squisher?

Has Brian hooked you up? I'd probably have to ask B in order to find TW's number anyways. Lol.

Oh yah, and welcome GreatOutdoors.

I have his number but I won't make it public over the net .That's just something I don't do .

Kick it around for a week or so and I suppose myself or B could give him a ring and see if he's even interested .I can't speak for TW though but I believe he's rather praticular who he does work for which I don't blame a bit him for .

You know he doesn't do it for a living and much like myself has many interests .So a guy can be just as independent about things as he wants in a situation like that .

True. I'd call him 1st before passing his number on too. Common courtesy. But I have no idear where I actually have his number though so the point's kind of moot. It's in a e-mail or pm somewhere on these interwebs.

I have no idea where him or his dad (Crofter ) went to or if they even fiddle on the net any more .Too much BS on other sites probabley just gave them a case of the red azz .

You get caught up in things .The sites I hung at they didn't and if i was on the sites they visited a whole gaggle of punk asses got on my case .Which of course being stubborn as a mule I'd give the peanut gallery the whole nine yards and didn't pull any punchs .Internet BS ,it happens .I never had any problems with Brian or Frank though and miss the interaction .

It's my understanding he has many "irons in the fire" and is not doing much saw work at the moment, but this was garnered through a "recent" customer (6mos. ago), so who knows ?

Steve

Scott who?

Al, Scott Kuntz in WI just posted this over on racesaws in the woods porting thread. He works for stihl during the day and ports saws on the side at his personal shop.

first saw 372xpw stock with muffler modded
second saw 372xpw woods mod
third saw 440 woods mod
camera died

Brent Combs from WV ports good strong work saws too.

Andrew you ran my 066 and 084 ported by him at gtg's.

Well I can't remember names ,can't remember mine half the time .

Combsey can make a saw run but weather he's interested in doing one for someone else remains to be seen .Like I said many a time there's a bunch that are fine tuners they just stay low key about it .

Here is a ec ecopsey ecsaws ported 2094 compared to a Scott TM ported 660. Same chains on both saws in same Sycamore wood.

If a pic is worth a 1000 words, a video is worth a million words.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rZ2m5Iu4s8Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-wmaDx3C9b4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

As a general statement you can't high port a woods saw .What works on a three cut won't work on a woods cutter .

Totally different saws there. Look at the videos of the recent 460 and 362 Eric did. Impressive.

Scott's saws look really good too, and I would love to own one. He's gotta be the most popular port guy going right now. That 372xpw is crazy fast too.

Lastly, treesling'r might be another option, he won the AS build off for the 460. I know Kevin was less than impressed with his work at a GTG once, but the results are what they are. I would be comfortable sending a saw to him as well.

I don't have any professionally ported saws, but these guys seem to be in the upper echelon: Tree Monkey (scott), Copsey, Treesling'r, and Timberwolf. Obviously there are others out there just as talented, but I don't know if they advertise or are looking for work.

I always was told a ported 2094 394 395 would kick a new 660 ported butt and this was also told to me by ec. Not so here LMAO

You better go read inside the racesaws hells kitchen. Unhappy ec X-customers out there posting to get the word out on him. One guys new ported saw didnt last a hour.

Lot of them have been in PM's since I help set racesaws back up over there.

You go to ec you will get burned someday JMO.

Everyone of these saws are ported. Only 1 by ec and it wasnt a work saw for race only. I have had a few other ported work saws since this pic.
You learn who you trust real quick and who NOT to take your chances on.

Copyof166extras035.jpg

As I've said before mostly what I've seen are cookie cutters and I have no idea what they would do in the woods .The trend a few years back was screamers and I think a lot of people ,several on this forum where disappointed with them .

I'm not a cheerleader for anybody though .I've seen people brag them up and the end results didn't justify the praise and conversely abase them and they ran like a scalded ape .So that said no matter who did the work a work saw has to have some azz .The one thing you do not want is a whimpy saw you have to fight to keep on power else you bog it . Not good at all .

I always was told a ported 2094 394 395 would kick a new 660 ported butt and this was also told to me by ec. Not so here LMAO

You better go read inside the racesaws hells kitchen. Unhappy ec X-customers out there posting to get the word out on him. One guys new ported saw didnt last a hour.

Lot of them have been in PM's since I help set racesaws back up over there.

You go to ec you will get burned someday JMO.

Everyone of these saws are ported. Only 1 by ec and it wasnt a work saw for race only. I have had a few other ported work saws since this pic.
You learn who you trust real quick and who NOT to take your chances on.

Copyof166extras035.jpg

Shoot me the hell's kitchen password Kevin, when you get a chance.

Back