Mini Skid Steers

Anyone know anything about the Finn machine?

I have an opportunity to buy an '05 with a 20 hp Kohler for $2,000

Anyone???

3n53k93l1ZZZZZZZZZ95t94037a2625731583.jpg

Anyone know anything about the Finn machine?

I have an opportunity to buy an '05 with a 20 hp Kohler for $2,000

Anyone???

3n53k93l1ZZZZZZZZZ95t94037a2625731583.jpg

never seen that little one, the next up models were really nice.

How many hours? I sold a 03 Thomas with 1000hrs for 3 grand today.
Sounds like a real good buy there.

Sweet. When you get it Andrew. There's two bolts on the frame of the machine where the 'arm' attaches. I think they're 9/16, keep them snug. They come loose. The 1150 is the tracked version of my machine, so I'm pretty certain everything will be identical. Except the tracks that is.:D

Straight up from Thundy's head at the top of the pic you can see the 'plate' that I'm talking about where those bolts are. Mine come loose fairly regularly and I've snugged 'em down about as tight as I dare without stripping them.

Grease er up and keep a fresh hydraulic filter on that sucker and that's about all I've done for the 1st 300hrs.

Attachments

• thund.JPG
    thund.JPG
    63.1 KB · Views: 39
Nice! How often do you change that hydraulic filter? ...and the oil?

I haven't changed the hydraulic oil..........yet!:/:

But I've changed the hydraulic filter three times so far aprox 100hrs each. And the engine oil once but I consider it due again, along with a hydraulic oil swap.

If I notice the hydraulics getting a little 'whiney' then I swap out the filter and it's good to go.

I probably need to change it on my chipper then!

I'm really stoked!! I need to pay up my workers comp first, but after that come the BMG!!!! :D

Aghhhhhhhhhh!!! I can't wait!

I'm a bit of a freak about filters/grease and maintenance in general. I'm a little embarrassed I haven't changed out the hydraulic oil yet. To me, maintenance is the cheapest mechanic around.;)

True that! Especially with how much all the equipment we use costs. I really don't know of how many other industries have such expensive toys.

Hell man you shoulda been a logger. Millions in equipment, new trucks every three years to beat the living hell out of on bush roads.8) Yah, sometimes it was fun!

My grampa taught me, double up on your oil changes and your stuff will run/work forever. And never be stingy with the grease, unless you're supposed to be, which isn't often I've found.:lol:

I have a grease gun always in the truck, that way there's always something to do no matter what the day throws at you.

Good ideas here. 50hr oil on mini, the chipper has had oil changed 3-4 times in 160ish hrs, it goes stale before the interval at my rate :lol:, trucks are on 3k miles, frequent simple green for everything, and waxes every 2 weeks. Gotta look pretty too. :lol:

I have a grease gun always in the truck, that way there's always something to do no matter what the day throws at you.

:lol:

Yeah, my dad was a grease nut. I remember being 4-5 years old, and helping him grease the dump bed on his truck.

Sometimes I wonder how people make money when their equipment cost 300K. Like those big tub grinders. :\: I'm always like, "what tha?!!!"

That's a awesome maintenance schedule Brendon, I'm envious. My stuff is clean and maintained but definetly some longer intervals then that.

Waxed every two weeks!!?? I think I've washed my truck three times since I got it. I don't think I've EVER waxed anything other than a bicycle. :lol:

When you go to sell something, what it looks like will mean a difference of thousands of dollars on a chipper or truck. I wax all my equipment and trucks but maybe a few times a year is all. I paid 4g to paint my bucket truck, you think I'm going to let that turn into a rust bucket again? Down time is maintenance time.

Hahaha, probably a little longer than 2 weeks...sometimes. I have this problem were I hate things that don't have OEM paint, especially on truck cabs, or things I bought brand new. A little wax and 30 minutes will save me mental distress, and money on paint. :lol:

Yep, I have a problem.

With all that said, unless I buy brand new, almost everything I've bought used, and put to work/play, I sell with either a profit or break even.

Back