Mini-Skid Attachments

squisher

THE CALM ONE!!!!
Just wondering what attachments any of y'all out there might have for a mini-skid and what you might use it for besides dragging brush/logs with a BMG?

Giant spoon for eating porridge, beer can opener, hydraulic toothbrush, clothes iron, cheese slicer, shoe cleaning attachment, nail polisher...
is that the sort of thing wanted?

Grapple, rake, and mulch get used for tree stuff. Dirt bucket for demo or dirt work, still haven't used my leveler though. The trencher and auger were cool, but I didn't use them much either.

ETA: I rarely use my pallet forks, but they are handy when I need to get a pallet of freight off a truck or whatknot.

The BMG stays on my 905 the majority of the time. Have switched to the pallet forks on a couple of occassions for bigger wood moving though. Use the rake every now and then.

Nobody around here uses minis, most use normal size skid steers. All of the tree guys with skid steers have grapple attachments that they use 90%-100% of the time. Some guys have a bucket that they will use once in a while for grading or moving dirt and stump grindings. Any other attachments are for people who do something other than tree work for a living.

Ive got a grapple that is used about 75% of the time. I too have the smooth bucket that i use for large piles of stump chips. I used it to for a large tree mulching project. I also got a set of pallet forks. They work great on large pieces of wood as well as odd shaped pieces. Ive thought of too getting an auger for planting trees but havent dropped the $ down yet. I dont plant THat many.

seems like you could rent the mini out to landscapers to help offset the cost of the unit and keep (it) busy

I haven't had to use forks in a while for bigger wood. It's not worth bringing the forks to the job when there may be 10 pieces the grapple can't grasp from the side. In that instance I cut them into maybe 16" pieces and grab them from the top.

If I had a monster tree with 50' of 40" wood, I would certainly bring them.

I use the mulch bucket for stump cleanup the odd time that I do it, but mainly for loading the rakings. I use the rake on nearly every (raking) job. I modified it so it could be it's own attachment, or be grabbed by the grapple and used that way. Makes "mounting" it way way easier and thus it's not a chore in the slightest to throw on to rake for 5 minutes and have the yard nearly completed.

Yesterday I chipped the brush from 6 pines, had a massive amount of shat on the ground that was bigger than twigs and needles, but no where near grabable in it's present state. I used the rake to push all that crap into a pile, swung to the side tossing the rake off and went straight into grabbing the pile (several passes) and carrying it to the chipper. If it was a raking job I would have grabbed the rake again, pushed the pile back up, and used the mulch bucket to haul the rest.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Cool, thanks just trying to get an idea of how people use these things efficiently or like I said other uses too.

Giant spoon for eating porridge, beer can opener, hydraulic toothbrush, clothes iron, cheese slicer, shoe cleaning attachment, nail polisher...

Ed you forgot about stumpgrinding.;) hmmm, beer can opener......bah I only drink bottles.

Well, yea! Whats wrong with that? :D It would be good if it could wipe my butt, and chase Johovahs away also!

My BMG is on my mini 90% of the time, but I always carry my forks with cuz I can move 3 times as much weight on the forks, and loading a truck is easier.

I use the dirt bucket for plowing and pushing snow around the house and on jobsites.
Right now, snow is so deep here you have to plow a road first or you and your mini will be stuck.

Id like to try out a snow throwing attachment. That would kick ass!!

Let's see...I have the BMG, Terra Power stump grinder, a trencher, pallet forks, rippers, trailer hitch, a 4/1 bucket, a standard bucket, a grapple bucket, a 6 ft. long lifting boom. The trailer attachment is very useful to move my trailers and chipper around the yard. The pallet forks are very nice to have when needed and can lift a log twice that of the BMG. The grapple bucket is better than the BMG if you are working in open areas because you can push the branches into a pile and then grab it. I use all of my attachments, some more than others.

Well my new 950 ships out from Saskatchewan today :) (Finally!)

To start I'll have the stock bucket, BMG, pallet forks, and a receiver hitch plate. Hopefully before to long I'll have a stumpgrinder attachment too.:/:

Back