Might be looking to hire a climber, Olympia WA

SouthSoundTree

Treehouser
I am looking into two FT job opportunities and am trying to do some pre-planning for my potential business changeover.

Currently, I do most all of the climbing, and some groundwork, and have a FT groundman who has done spike climbing, and will be getting trained in spikeless. My previously FT Groundman/ part time climber has gone back to college and will be back working some amount in a couple of weeks, and possibly FT in summer.

If you all know of anybody that might be able to fit the bill, please post or PM me.

If I get hired on, I am going to be in need of an experienced climber that can work in tall trees and small dropzones. A lot of our customers have tight yard with shrubs and landscaping beneath.

Spurless climbing for pruning. Doing a lot of TDs this winter. Some fruit tree pruning in the spring.

CA preferred. It sways a lot of customers here.

Safe team player. Clean driving record. Able to drive five speed F600 chip truck and chipper.

Running a chuck and duck, and small stump grinder. Use a hired log loader as needed. Hoping to get a mini-loader within this year (wanting to move to machine power). Could aim for a Wraptor before mini.

I envision that I would be working weekends during the transition. Figuring 25-40 hours/ week during spring. 40/ week summer.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I have one interview scheduled for next week. I'll have more info about my needs at that point. Any more ideas? InbredJed is pretty far away from Oly.

I will email a link to this thread to anybody who calls me at Wesspur. I usually get a dozen or so calls from climbers looking for work every spring, but not a one so far this year.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks guys. Please do, on both accounts.

I believe that I will be getting offered the State Parks Arbor Crew (hazard tree) position that I interviewed for on Monday. I believe that it is just background checks that have to be made, and so long as all that turns up is that I am only a serial tree killer (no record of anything but a speeding ticket at 16, and a few minor traffic accidents a long time ago), I will pass.

Probably, the more proficient of a hire that I can get, the less I would have to work during the transition.

Back